Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Hello, new to the forum! Got myself a wraith.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #1

Default Hello, new to the forum! Got myself a wraith.

I just bought my Axial Wraith PSC Jeep on 9/15. I had a 37 tooth spur gear put on it after the first one was stripped by being put together wrong from the factory. My LHS also took off the traxxas plug and put on a deans plug.

So far it has been through a couple battery cycles from me playing with it and im loving it and plan to do some upgrades fairly soon.

My first mod is going to be cutting the foams. I am debating a battery forward mod because i want to be able to go downhill also and i have been reading that once people do this it gets nose heavy.. any advice on this?

I think my first upgrade will be the universals made by Axial or Integy.

anyways here is a pic.

drunkyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Hello, new to the forum! Got myself a wraith.

The battery in the front isn't that much of a big deal. Just don't use such a large battery, I run a 2200mah 3s and I get about 30-40 min each. They are light and small which allows you to put all electronics and battery under the hood. I Have no issues going down hill, even steep rocks are no problem. Most of the endo thing can be fixed in setup like foam, shocks, shock position, and over all setup
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
I just bought my Axial Wraith PSC Jeep on 9/15. I had a 37 tooth spur gear put on it after the first one was stripped by being put together wrong from the factory. My LHS also took off the traxxas plug and put on a deans plug.

So far it has been through a couple battery cycles from me playing with it and im loving it and plan to do some upgrades fairly soon.

My first mod is going to be cutting the foams. I am debating a battery forward mod because i want to be able to go downhill also and i have been reading that once people do this it gets nose heavy.. any advice on this?

I think my first upgrade will be the universals made by Axial or Integy.

anyways here is a pic.

Axial over integy anything imo...& most others!!! Most change plastic hubs to Vanquish, 475 I think? Steering is a common failure with too much flex along with chubs,knuckles...Just follow the break it replace it policy! You should be around $1k soon enough
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Welcome aboard! The battery forward mod really depends on what you do - the more I got into slow crawling and less bashing the more I loved the battery forward mod (one of the more noticeable upgrades for me).
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Axial over integy anything imo...& most others!!! Most change plastic hubs to Vanquish, 475 I think? Steering is a common failure with too much flex along with chubs,knuckles...Just follow the break it replace it policy! You should be around $1k soon enough
I'm on my second wraith and love it I'm well over 1k in it lol and none of the parts are installed yet lol
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
Welcome aboard! The battery forward mod really depends on what you do - the more I got into slow crawling and less bashing the more I loved the battery forward mod (one of the more noticeable upgrades for me).
This actually helps as I am still bashing more than crawling.. maybe ill keep the wraith for bashing and get an actual crawling frame.

although i don't bash as hard as many people i like to be more technical in my bashing haha. No trying to jump up hills and stuff.. i like to try to crawl up them.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
This actually helps as I am still bashing more than crawling.. maybe ill keep the wraith for bashing and get an actual crawling frame.

although i don't bash as hard as many people i like to be more technical in my bashing haha. No trying to jump up hills and stuff.. i like to try to crawl up them.

Hillclimbing = battery forward IMO, heck most trail situations seem to favor a battery forward setup.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yep its easy to hit a grand. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I'm there already with no end in sight. The battery forward mod made my wraith a much better crawler. I couldn't believe how much better it climbed after I moved my 5000mah lipo to the front.
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #9

Welcome to the Fourm.....I'm new myself and just picked up a Wraith a few weeks ago.

First mod should be an aluminium servo horn I've gone through 3 plastic ones waiting for my Axial one to arrive.
rmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #10

rmurphy be careful as putting on an aluminum horn will take away that part breaking but it will break somewhere else that means.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #11

ok this weekend i installed my 16 tooth pinion to go along with my 87 tooth spur... oooo its so nice.

next plan is to order universals and driveshafts. where can i get these for the cheapest? I would like Axial and MIP
Old 09-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Pretty much anywhere you go the Axial uni's are $40 and the Wraith MIP's are $55-60. I bought mine at amainhobbies.com. spend over $25 and they ship for free.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #13

ok. well i already ordered them through my LHS the other day.. i guess i will just go buy them from there.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I have the same PS wraith , do the free simple mods and you'll crawl better...flip rear shock mounts , flip all lower shock mounts, battery mod to the front, move esc to the rear ( I put mine under driver interior underneath the speakers ) I didn't cut my foams but I did add weight to my wheels. after adding weights the bf Goodrich got much better and actually came to life. I added a level3 droop kit and the wraith crawls sooo much better . even when I bash, now it wont tip over on high speed sharp turns.
hard rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #15

I like the upgrade as you break it theory but i am breaking things faster then i can replace them. Its one steering item after the next.
mbrycet is offline   Reply With Quote

Hello, new to the forum! Got myself a wraith. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New French rc crawler - trial forum / Nouveau forum francophone SilverRidge Outside the US 11 06-30-2011 06:58 AM