Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: From lurker to crawler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default From lurker to crawler.

So it took a while, but I finally made the transition to crawlers. Not new to RC, but this is my first go at the rough & tumble side of the hobby. I travel a lot, so my RCs travel with me. I found that, as much fun as they are, my SCTs are just too quick for a lot of the areas I wind up in with work... It was getting to the point where they would just stay in the van. And then I saw some of the Ultra 4/IFS rigs over here!!

I've been lurking for a bit, looking, learning, taking notes on builds, etc. After seeing how much support Axial puts into their products/events, the choice was really clear. My Wraith arrived a week ago, and the parts have been arriving almost daily since then!

The plan is to build up an IFS rig, using the Blue Monkey kit, and a bunch of Vanquish parts. For now, the larger sub assemblies are being changed out, and smaller bits, i.e. shocks, body work, electronics, etc, will be changed/upgraded as need arises. This will all be a (re)learning process for me, since, like I said, this is my first crawler kit. The end goal is to have a "Jack of All Trades" rig to travel with, built with the intent of getting into more Recon G6 type events.

I'll be trying to document as much of the the build process as I can, and update here as I go along.

Really looking forward to the finished (if there is such a thing?) truck. And more importantly, I'm really looking forward to all of your input/feedback on how it progresses.

I've been active over on the RCS forum for a bit, and wandered over here out of curiosity. It's really refreshing to see how much of a community exists between the 2 boards, and how supportive everyone is! Hopefully, soon, I'll have a chance to cross paths with, and meet some of you on the trails!
turbodan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

From lurker to crawler. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Lurker, A Work In Progress Nvghostrider Scale Videos! 0 08-26-2012 06:03 PM
Long time lurker, now i'm in! Luther.max Newbie General 7 06-20-2012 11:18 PM
Just a new guy who's been a lurker.... LeDevil 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 08-27-2009 07:30 AM
Lurker saying Hi :) Froshmasta Tamiya Clod Buster 7 06-03-2005 09:16 AM
Lurker no more...... Bigwrenn Chit Chat 14 04-16-2005 02:36 PM