Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: yip its a wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default yip its a wraith

been on here awhile but haven't put any pics up of anything I have at the moment because to be quite honest don't really think its worth the post...but actually starting to play with my one abit more so here are some pics of what im doing.

above pic is at full compression

as you can see some tight clearances on the front panhard/diff setup and also thinking about running 2x batteries...yes this means getting rid of the interior (doesn't really worry me as looks kinda funny without a driver anyhow).

not really sure what im aiming this as maybe bit of a formula truck/south buggy/crawler because it still actually does not flex to bad with the swaybars.

Last edited by skidtoy; 11-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.
skidtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: yip its a wraith

before anyone says also the steering servo is just an old broken one in there as a dumby as I don't have another at the moment and the steering links still has to be trimmed to correct length but ill do that once new servo turns up as been in new Zealand I cant just expect things to be here the next day or so...almost 2 weeks now and still haven't seen my new servo from overseas...this also means im limited to parts also as its hit and miss because where I live we also don't have a rc shop the nearest one is around 3hrs away.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks awesome to me

Ahhhh a pair of 2 or 3s to create 4 or 6s voltage roosting with some 2.8 paddles and riding wheelies.

Batteries in the middle will also help with flight characteristics when launching 70 feet off the dunes ;)

Last edited by evan03; 11-07-2013 at 04:08 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

where the batteries are it seems pretty balanced compared to having battery at front or rear, also been right between front and rear wheels should make it not so tippy I would think they are really as low as they can be in the truck.

I will put some paddles on at some point because we have acouple of quite big dunes in the area I live one been about 40-50meters...we hit this on our race quads. but at the moment those tyres will do because im going to use this driving up downhill mountain bike tracks in the area because I ride I know where the good spots are
Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I love the lowered Wraiths. Reminds me of my old one. It looks the way a Wraith SHOULD look.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

yea im not so much of a fan of them been high makes them roll over way to much and we all know that the wraith out of the box is not really that good at anything but flipping on its side at high speed. as it sits in pic is 2/3rds of the way through its travel, even without the batteries in it it still sits pretty much the same.

springs are axial blacks I think from memory...well softest spring axial does, other than that shocks are just the crap plastic ones as haven't had a problem yet with them.

has some lowering mounts for shocks and has the rear lower link holder flipped to make the rear drive shaft sit straight. I did have the front flipped also but panhard link bottoms out on top of the rc4wd diff brace (might just clear if I cut some of it off but don't have the balls to since it takes so long to get parts here).

Last edited by skidtoy; 04-01-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I really dig the tires and am trying to keep myself from buying a set. Only problem is I'd have to cut those big lugs in half to create twice as many batting edges maybe even shave the sidewalls. To me its an awesome tire to mod and looks killer.

Lower links level is the hot ticket for the wraith crawling bashing foffing it work set up like that. I've played on some big dunes with paddles and caught a little air.

Your builds awesome I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

these rc4wd tires are just some I brought without really looking into them to much, tires are pretty good for the type of terrain we have around here but I prob would of brought the rc4wd mickey t claws if they were on special when I brought these.

ive actually been running Tamiya 2.2 pin/tractor tires quite abit on this truck and while they don't have foams or are a soft compound they are fun on dirt uphills there will prob be a pic of them on truck sooner or later haha
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

see my pain.....STILL WAITING FOR SERVO!!!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

right finally got my servo so got the truck all running...running is used pretty lose here haha no body panels eletrics just cable tired down whenever they are happy so I can go out and test it.

have put 3x battery packs thought it bashing up some quite steep downhill mountain bike tracks and have from this have ditched the panhard setup because everything kept coming loose so I binned it.

also put in a hpi firebolt motor I had sitting round doing nothing and man the thing goes good now for a brushed motor I think ill keep it in it until I upgrade to a brushless set up in it.

have to say also having swaybars make it drive so much better...to be honest makes it like a whole new truck compared to the ting that liked to flop on its side every time you wanted to go fast and try to turn. I have the softest bars in it and still find it does flex quite good considering anyhow a dirty pic...

after acouple of big days of bashing the things needs some new parts so here is what I broke...twisted front and rear drive shafts, bent long side rear axle, damaged the rear diff gears and keep having every bolt in the diffs coming lose!!!

so parts to upgrade are
-alloy front and rear diff
-heavy duty diff gears, rear axles
-decent drive shafts
these are the things I need to get asap, also need
-new front axle setup as still has the dog bone still
-heavy duty drive gears
-brushless (this will only happen when the brushed dies)
Old 11-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

oh yes I made up some suspension links from rc4wd links and ends