Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Cappu Aluminum Wraith parts??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cappu Aluminum Wraith parts??

So I was searching the bay and found a company called Cappu that has great reviews and cheap aluminum Wraith parts. I assume they are similar to Integy as they are similarly priced from what I've seen.

Anyway, I purchased c hubs, steering knuckles and the rear lock out tubes. Also, recently bought the Axial universals.

There wasn't anything wrong with the truck before just getting the upgrade itch. Hopefully these fit together nicely.

Anyone have experience with Cappu?
jrowles91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cappu Aluminum Wraith parts??

Never heard of them.
Universals are awesome!
Seen more issues with "upgrading" to aluminum than people having problems with the stock plastic. Sripped hardware, bad fitting, etc.
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
Never heard of them.
Universals are awesome!
Seen more issues with "upgrading" to aluminum than people having problems with the stock plastic. Sripped hardware, bad fitting, etc.
I'm hoping thats not the case with these. The reviews are decent but the guy sells other things also and ebay isn't the best place to see reviews lol.

I'll try them out and post back at some point.

I'm excited about the universals. I've been wanting a little bit more steering for some time now.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
Never heard of them.
Universals are awesome!
Seen more issues with "upgrading" to cheap chicom super soft aluminum than people having problems with the quality alloy parts. Sripped hardware, bad fitting, etc.
Fixed.

Cheap junk mystery alloy parts aren't an upgrade from plastic part of the time but quality alloy parts are lightyears better and more durable than any craptastic plastic or junk alloy parts.

Moral of the story don't waste your hard earned cash on junk. My personal order of quality is VP at the top, then axial, strc, HR. I won't run anything else when it comes to knuckles or C hubs.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I won't likely ever buy Vanquish products. Waaaaay to rich for my blood. I do like strc stuff but I have heard bad things about them.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

When it comes to a part that is as important as the knuckles and C hubs the cost isn't such a big deal. Buy cheap twice or three times or quality once.

Besides they are cheaper than axials own alloy parts and not just a generic copy of the stock plastic. The C hubs fit the housings tighter so there is less chance they'll get loose and the knuckles get rid of the worthless built in steering arms that limit the ability to turn sharp by adding another place to bolt on a steering arm.

I've got a set of strc C hubs that aren't bad. They don't have the exacting tight tolerances as VP but they do the job. They fit a bit looser on the housing but not as bad as my axial version. The axial C hubs are sloppy on every housing I've tried them on old or new and the knuckles suck since they're identical to the plastic versions.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well that's a good point. I will try them out since no one really has any actual experience with them and if they fail or aren't good enough I'll go with a reputable company.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowles91 View Post
I won't likely ever buy Vanquish products. Waaaaay to rich for my blood. I do like strc stuff but I have heard bad things about them.
But it right and buy it once. I have suffered through the pain and agony of buying the less expensive parts only to have found in the long run it would have been better to have spent the money on the higher quality part in the first place. With that said. I have not purchased and Cappu stuff. I find it looks very much like the integy parts, which I am not a fan of at all.

Last edited by infokiz; 03-08-2014 at 09:41 PM.
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I know not to buy Integy but I figured this is one no one talks about so I figured I give it a try
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #10

I think there is nothing wrong with Chinese products? I've been using all parts including China made and there is no problem with their product. you should try cappu universal shaft because it is very powerful and inexpensive. I've compared with MIP and there is no difference in the strength of the price difference very much. I use a mamba max pro brushless system with 13.5 or 17.5 trackstar sensored motor and all parts of China it is still fine. Be wise and save your wallet
hagnyosaroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I've been using the Cappu chubs and knuckles for a while now and am happy with them. A friend of mine bought the universals and said they were fairly limiting on the steering so I just went with the axial ones. All is good so far. I more recently bought their wraith bumper too and have beat it up a bit.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I bought the Cappu front and rear bumper mounts for my brother's JK and they were the worst aluminum RC parts I've ever had. Not one of the screw holes lined up and one even needed re-tapped. The anodizing was also blotchy.

Last edited by Dirty 'Yota; 07-01-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Dirty 'Yota is offline   Reply With Quote

Cappu Aluminum Wraith parts?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GH Wraith aluminum parts In StocK RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 03-15-2012 04:36 PM
Axial Aluminum parts Identification Question ax10/wraith stompjrkz400 General Crawlers 2 12-21-2011 02:51 PM