Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy junkshafts….. lookin for some opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy junkshafts….. lookin for some opinions

I bought the integy stage 2 conversion kit for my wraith two weeks ago. Couldn't beat the price i found it for to get all aluminum links, steering links, c's, knuckles, lockouts and driveshafts. so far the kit has been fairly decent the 4 links are great make a little noise though. the steering links are meh at the best where the drag link mounts to the tie rod is held in place by a set screw that i had to change out to a stainless one and loctite in place because it kept backing off and causing slack in the steering. the c's, hubs, and knuckles are all perfect and good tight fit. The only killer is the h.d. driveshafts. they're far from hd lol. i had them on for all of 5 mins and was just doing a little hill climb at low speed with minimal tire speed or torquing and sheared the pin in the rear drive shaft. so i swapped the old factories back in and went back to rolling. then today (the first day I've used it since the first incident) i was on flat ground and gave it maybe half throttle from a roll and sheared the front shaft. so in my opinion these shafts are junk and i def wouldn't recommend them. I'm thinking of getting the m.i.p's but i wasn't to if maybe theres another quality company you guys and gals would recommend that you have used personally. so let me hear what you guys are running and prefer.
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Integy junkshafts….. lookin for some opinions

I use mip for the Ax 10 there cheaper and work great.you need the pin kit from traxas Got to RPP Hobby and look under the ax 10 stuff there like 40 bucks verses the almost 60 for the Wraith.
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Integy junkshafts….. lookin for some opinions

can i get the pin it from RPP as well?
JDIRCC is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy junkshafts….. lookin for some opinions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy on the block lookin for some opinions champ198 Newbie General 17 07-25-2011 04:29 PM
Integy driveshafts, opinions? TrailDawg362 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 12-01-2008 10:48 AM