Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Stage 1 knuckles either bind or bolts fall out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Vanquish Stage 1 knuckles either bind or bolts fall out

I have wraith axles in my "wroncho"...with vanquish stage 1 on them. In the front I constantly had an issue with the bolts backing themselves out, even after using liquid blue loctite. I since have snugged them up a littler better, and now the steering binds like a MOFO!

What are you guys doing to get silky smooth steering travel and not have your bolts fall out every trail ride? My poor servo has enough issue with the rock beasts, adding binding on it isnt even fair now! I ordered Dlux fab bushings but not sure that will help
jtessmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish Stage 1 knuckles either bind or bolts fall out

If the steering binds when you tighten down to knuckle bolts, something is seriously messed up. Are the little flange bushings metal or plastic? What condition are they in?
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Make sure the flange bushing is inserted into the knuckle with the lip on the under side not the top, I did this by mistake and it will bind, with it on the under side you can tighten it good and it will still move freely.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Make sure the flange bushing is inserted into the knuckle with the lip on the under side not the top, I did this by mistake and it will bind, with it on the under side you can tighten it good and it will still move freely.
+1

Or make sure the bushing is flush. When I installed my VP Stage 1 kit one of the bushings didn't seat flush and when I tightened the screw down it made the knuckles extremely hard to pivot. You should be able to tighten down and still pivot the knuckle.

I think what happened in my case was a bit of locktite seeped into the area between the bushing and the knuckle which was causing it not to seat correctly...I removed the bushing and rolled up a bit of wet sand paper and cleaned up the dried locktite. In short make sure you don't have any debris in the knuckle...also maybe apply just a little grease to the outside of the bushing.
btango05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I had this problem and it was where the locktite had gotten in the bushing. I ended up cleaning it all real good and skipping the locktite and haven't had any problems.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I had the same issue on two sets. The hat bushings didnt sit square on the c's so when you tightened them up they would cock and cause the knuckle to be bound up. I had to file the c's to get them right.
fish-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I think I'm gonna need to file and get mine straight !
jtessmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I had the same problem with my OEM bushing and VP knuckles. I took a diamond file to the bushings and just barely knocked the black finish off of the bushings, then polished them back out. I'm now cranked down pretty good on the fasteners with loctite and still super smooth. I had the same problem with my steering servo being overly taxed with RB2's and knuckle bind.
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish Stage 1 knuckles either bind or bolts fall out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish wheel bolts afrofroggy Tires and Wheels 9 01-08-2014 01:35 AM
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM
Stage one knuckles Kaw1000 Axial SCX-10 0 10-14-2012 10:13 PM
bruiser u-bolts fit on yoga axles? home made u-bolts anyone? cydog510 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 4 06-26-2012 12:27 PM