Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Opinions .. irok - tsls - or boggers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Opinions .. irok - tsls - or boggers

Hey guys could use your opinions I like looks of all these tires what do you guys use or like best? I crawl rocks, mud, and just trail around so help! Thanks
dansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2015, 01:40 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Opinions .. irok - tsls - or boggers

I thought I would never find a better tire than the Proline TSL Super Swamper....But I really think the RC4WD Baja Claw maybe!
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:50 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

It's funny you say that cause on my 1:1 rig I came across same opinion on baja claw
dansmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:54 AM   #4
RCC Addict

They have been faultless and I run (Like you) in wet muddy conditions and when I do get to the wet rocks they hook up really well. They were awesome in the recent snow to. I could't ask for more....They are tall though.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Out of the three interco's you listed. I would have to say the TSL SX is the better all around tire.

Iroks, my friend had a set on his Scx Jeep, and promptly tried selling them to me. Something about not hooking on rocks like he expected. So don't count them out, but he did say he was happier with the TSL SX XL's.

Boggers, require cutting to have any kind of lateral grip on rocks or firm surfaces.
This worked well for me ( Boggers Cut to SIDEHILL! ). Loved them, don't run them now as I have went to small tire rigs for the time being.

TSL SX. Have run the 4.3" and the XL's (4.75" i believe) and loved them both. Foam choice is important, but that's true with just about any tire. CI foams never let me down in either tire.

My rig weighs 7lbs, my buddies was near that when he tried the Iroks.

That's my $0.02. Anyone with better Irok experience, please provide any findings that are the same or different. Love the look of those tires my self but have been weary of buying them due to my buddies immediate disappointment in them.
Dad,Canyoufix? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #6

Is it just a choice between those two tires?!. Cause I really like the Pitbull Rock Beast and their Growlers. Run the Beast on my Trailfinder and that's the best tire I've found under 4.5 tall.
I run the Growlers (4.75 tall) on my Scx10 ,though, really good ,tended to clog between the treads if they got damp. So i cut down every other tread a little more than halfway down. There not all the way gone , they stick up about 1/16 of an inch. I have to say they are absolutely incredible now. My next tires will Baja Claws. And I agree with ya'll on the Iroks. Though they look good, they didn't stick to nothing. I sold them shortly after.

Last edited by neverwinanything; 01-23-2015 at 12:37 PM.
neverwinanything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Dad,canyoufix? I think we are talking 2.2s. Lol
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

Is it just a choice between those two tires?!. Cause I really like the Pitbull Rock Beast and their Growlers. Run the Beast on my Trailfinder and that's the best tire I've found under 4.5 tall.
I run the Growlers (4.75 tall) on my Scx10 ,though, really good ,tended to clog between the treads if they got damp. So i cut down every other tread a little more than halfway down. There not all the way gone , they stick up about 1/16 of an inch. I have to say they are absolutely incredible now. My next tires will Baja Claws.
neverwinanything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:45 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I have the IROKS rock beasts and the MT Claws and in my area the MT Claws work best.
k goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

The proline tsl's are awesome
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:35 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Dad,canyoufix? I think we are talking 2.2s. Lol
Durp, My bad, I forget wraiths don't come with 1.9s on them. Lol, my mistake, sorry for any confusion or pointless info!

Nice save!
Dad,Canyoufix? is offline   Reply With Quote

Opinions .. irok - tsls - or boggers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSL boggers/ baja claws or irok Bogncrawl Tires and Wheels 18 10-10-2012 12:36 AM