Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Couple question about the Wraith Spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Couple question about the Wraith Spawn

So I have been into RC planes for about 15 years now and my buddy's all have SCX10's. So I made the jump and bought a Wraith Spawn. Gotta say this little truck is really cool. Been reading a lot on this forum and have a couple of question to help expand my understanding the on ground RC world.

So first I read a thread on here that said if you use 3s that you need to run a BEC. I understand the reason for running a BEC if using multiple servos or a high Current draw servo. But being stock my would you need a BEC on 3s and not 2s. Axial says the Wraith spawn is 3s compatible?

Also, I almost bought an SCX10 but I like the speed and look of the wraith better. The SCX10 on the other hand I like because of all the scale options for it. That being said. I have bought, painted, and modified a Pro-Line Cherokee body for my wraith and would like to use the Pro-Line Ridgeline (WIDE) bumber on my wraith. How can I mod the existing bumper mounting to accept the WIDE version of this bumper.

Thanks for any ideas and knowledge shared.

Jtroutt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2015, 07:49 AM   #2

Default Re: Couple question about the Wraith Spawn

you will need a BEC if you upgrade the steering servo. The ESC is supposed to be 3s compatible, but I have read that the stock motor won't last long with 3s. Mine is pretty zippy (for crawling) on 2s with the stock motor and ESC, I smoked the stock servo, so I'm running a BEC for my Hitec 7955.

Hope that helps
tatersalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It's just a cheap ESC and they over state it's abilities. If the servo or a Better servo are added and trying to draw power it can get glitchy. Also increases the chances of it burning up running 3s. Even the better Castle AE-2 they used to put in needed a BEC to give reliable use on 3s.

Oooh love the body! good job!
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Right on well I will work on getting on cause I have upgraded my steering servo to a SAVOX 220oz. Definitely a nice upgrade from the stock one. So what about the bumper then. How can I get the wide Pro-line Ridgeline mount up properly. I know they sell a narrow one that comes with the stuff to mount it, but I am not wanting to buy both the wide and narrow just to mount the wide one.

Oh and thanks for the compliment on the body. It is the first body I have ever painted. Fun Times!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Can you post more pics of how you trimmed the Cherokee body.
rickrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM   #6

Replacing the stock servo is a must . Will fail you soon . I run a hitec servo now with no bec but will be getting on ASAP . Still runs great without one
bhmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #7

Don't know about the bumper but that body looks bad ass
CaliCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #8

You did a great job with the body and paint . I also have a spawn and like what you did. Maybe i will be looking to change body also.
floridaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Those bumpers appear to be made for the SCX10/traxxas crowd. The lower wraith mounts would probably line up to the mounting plate, but they're pushed in pretty far. The upper mounts would just be floating in space.

Of course, anything can be made to work, but those are not going to be a simple bolt on affair.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Yes let me take some more pics and i will post them. Yeah i know the wide one is not going to a simple bolt on but the narrow one is just need to see how the narrow one bolts up
Old 03-05-2015, 06:31 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Sorry it took me a minute but this is the only trimming I have done. I did use the 12mm hex spacers so I would only have to do minimal trimming.
I am also going to be making some DIY headlight buckets that is why the headlight and turn signal are clear.

Couple question about the Wraith Spawn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith run #028 - Wraith Spawn with Little Joe JoeConti Videos! 0 02-01-2015 11:55 AM
Wraith Spawn HD Duramax Newbie General 7 01-14-2015 01:34 AM
Wraith posion spyder or wraith spawn Mikael Axial Wraith 12 11-25-2014 01:00 PM