Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: RR gen 3 for the Wraith Spawn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RR gen 3 for the Wraith Spawn

I've been searching for 3 days and finding spawn specific info is a bit difficult. The cliff's notes on what I want to do is more gearing options for the spawn 32p trans. I see RR makes a wraith specific gen3 but it's 48 pitch. I guess I could use that as I have many 48p pinions but if I go brushless I'd rather the strength of 32p.

If I get the gen3 for the wraith is it a drop in for the wraith spawn double slipper or do I need another part. I know the spawn comes with the aluminum spur standoff, don't know if that makes a difference.
Farabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RR gen 3 for the Wraith Spawn

Just got an answer from Robinson. It's in development and should be out shortly.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

What exactly is in development? From what I understand, the Gen 3 Slipper for the Traxxas Slash will work with the Super Shafty Beefy TopShaft. Are Robinson making a Gen3 direct fit for stock Wraith trans?
mikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Robinson make a direct fit Slipper for the 3 first gen Wraiths (RTR/kit/Pspider) it's the std 80T 48p version though.

The Slash 56T 32p slipper will work with the 1st gen top shaft or even better with the SS Beefy top shaft.

Both of these options ^ the slipper is pin drive to the top shaft.

The 2nd gen Spawn has the new 2 disk slipper & top shaft common to the SCX10 Ram & Deadbolt & similar to the Yeti.
These are NOT pin drive but flat drive hence neither the of the existing RRP slippers, either Wraith or Slash will work with it.

It is possible the new RRP Yeti slipper will work with it as it has the 2nd gen 2 plate slipper on a flat drive top shaft also but the hub looks deeper so it may push the spur to far forward.

I'm guessing what is in development is Spawn/Ram/Deadbolt specific, flat drive slipper.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Dont waste your $$$ on RR slipper that weighs a ton...I run a locked up rc slipper eliminater with duratrax 32p 56t spur. I run that setup in all my rigs
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:45 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I didn't realize the slipper was different between the different Wratih offerings.
Does a Traxxas Slash 4x4 spur fit the locked up slipper eliminator? I think I saw a photo or somebody mentioned that it does. Will the stock top shaft handle the power of brushless? Or does the Beefy Top Shaft also add strength as well as ability to run the RR Gen3?
I have a Wraith kit that I will be building shortly and will be using a Tekin ROC412. From what I understand everything needs to be bulletproof. I have Traxxas spurs, so I could use one if it fits.
mikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

From what I was told it's almost like their yeti offering but a little different. I will assume it's a drop in and will not require a new shaft or modding parts.

I had a wraith one on order but canceled it when I got the email. I know you can make a lot of things work but in my experience a lot of times getting the right part is much less of a headache. Nevermind if you need to order parts. I have a book with all the different parts that are in my swapped impreza. A little of this and a little of that becomes a pain in the ass.

Sic1, I don't mind weight in my rig. I know it's up high and that's not the best place but weight helps. I know unsprung , down low and as close to the roll center is best but the world is not populated with circular cows. I'll shave weight in the spec-86 car, not this one. Also, that won't work on the wraith's double slipper. It would work fine on my SCX10 though.

RR gen 3 for the Wraith Spawn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith run #028 - Wraith Spawn with Little Joe JoeConti Videos! 0 02-01-2015 11:55 AM
New wraith spawn desertdude Axial Wraith 2 01-17-2015 06:34 AM
Wraith posion spyder or wraith spawn Mikael Axial Wraith 12 11-25-2014 01:00 PM