Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: My 12th Man Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #1

Default My 12th Man Wraith

So I decided to start a build thread. Even though I’m just about done (for now, till something brakes).

Started with a RTR wraith.

We took a trip to Ocean Shores and had some fun. But I wasn’t thinking (maybe too many drinks) that salt water would destroy all my metal parts.

So I got a new bearing kit, tore then entire rig apart and now the damage….

So I started with upgrades and replacements. First off was the bearings. Then an Aluminum strengthening kit from TopCad.

And an aluminum link kit.

Here’s some pictures of the upgrade.

I decided to do a little bit of cosmetic upgrade, in keeping with the theme, and started painting the cage.

As of right now it’s just cosmetic changes. Got it all back together and took it out on some rocks!

Alright, that was all fun and games. Now time for some real performance upgrades.
First off I replaced the stock drivelines with some MIP drivelines I got for my SCX10 (MIP11116).

Then I started having problems with my ECS, so that was next! MMP and a CC BEC!!!

Then front mounted my battery and started more body modification.

We took the kids Wraith out on a camping trip. Here’s some comparison pictures.

Next I picked up a Boost Motors 35T motor and a “project box” for my electronics.

Then I decided to change gearing. Debated on underdrive the rear or overdrive the front. Went with underdrive the rear. Swapped out the rear gearing with the Axial 43T/13T (AX30402).

Next thought was to strengthen where I chopped the cage. Tried a couple ideas, but decided to go with some parts from my SCX10 again. The lower links worked great to create a hatchback style.

I had to trim the roof cage to make the supports fit. You can see the markings I made to shave it down.

Now, all back together.

Took it out to my favorite little getaway (Deception Pass, Wa). And she crawled like a dream!!!!!

I’m having a blast with this beast!!!
Any thoughts, questions or critiques would be greatly accepted!
Jchevy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2015, 11:34 PM   #2

Default Re: My 12th Man Wraith

Search, tummy tuck mod . made a difference on my rig !
0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Get some steering links to go with that new servo. It's cheap and makes a big difference in control especially when bound up. Better shocks go a long way too. Weight in the wheels is a good cheap mod. 5 bucks for 6 ounces. 3 ounces on each wheel. Better foams make a huge difference and are cheap. Go with crawler innovations for foams. Get a brushless motor to unleash the beast. You've already got the MMP. HTH
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Sweet rig, you need to bring out that Beast to a WARCRC event soon.

*2015* WARCRC Scale Series Schedule... - WARCRC
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #5

It's been well over a year since I've really done anything new with my rig. I did get an SSD Diamond rear housing and got everything running for our annual New Years trip up to Leavenworth. Not perfect and how I would like it. But it's running and will be a blast!!

By the way, that SSD housing looks so sexy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jchevy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

My 12th Man Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 12th man is at the WARCRC scale today... justinart24 Chit Chat 15 02-02-2014 08:29 PM
New Build - MAN/Wraith/Dakar...thing MechEng 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 05-26-2013 06:35 AM
11 Trucks: Tundra 6x Wraith Unimog U300 Integy Tuber MAN Truck Summit at Upper Peirce boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 04-25-2012 11:12 AM
11 trucks: RC Trail adventures Defender D90 Clod Buster AX10 Integy Tuber Man Wraith boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 03-20-2012 05:31 PM
10 trucks Man Truck Axial Wraith CC01 Wrangler XXX Traction Unimog 6x6 Defender D90 boolean21 Scale Videos! 5 03-12-2012 11:11 PM