Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Busted transmission and slipper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #1

Default Busted transmission and slipper

Yesterday afternoon my son and I were out playing with our wraiths. Our wraiths are stock so when his stopped moving and sounded terrible I figured the slipper or spur gear was gone but then I found the middle transmission gear was destroyed. I'm new to the electric trucks but several years ago I was into the gas powered trucks and remember setting them up so that the clutch would slip or eat up the spur gear before anything else broke. Should the wraiths not work the same way?

I've already ordered a replacement gear. I thought about the metal gears but figure it would be better to keep them plastic until he is able to control the truck a little better and not break as much stuff.
splntrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #2

Default Re: Busted transmission and slipper

The idler gear in the trans always goes first. I went through 3 before I put metal gears in and haven't touched it since. I currently run my slipper tightened all the way so that there is no slip whatsoever.
adamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Steel idler and a metal bottom gear is the only way to go. Plastic gears are junk
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Go metal and adjust his slipper to give a hair of slip. This will help save parts as he learns control..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Go metal and adjust his slipper to give a hair of slip. This will help save parts as he learns control..
That sounds like a good option. I'll probably do that next time I have to replace it since I've already got the stock gears coming.

The more I think about it, it makes sense to keep the slipper tight on a crawler type vehicle. That way when you come up to an obstacle you can power over it where if the slipper is loose it would just stall.
splntrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by splntrp View Post
That sounds like a good option. I'll probably do that next time I have to replace it since I've already got the stock gears coming.

The more I think about it, it makes sense to keep the slipper tight on a crawler type vehicle. That way when you come up to an obstacle you can power over it where if the slipper is loose it would just stall.
For a beginner thats new to crawling, its a good idea to run the slipper a hair loose to slip so you can see what causes binding/slip and you will learn to pick better lines and what not to do. After some time, crank it down to no slip.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Pick up the Hot Racing metal idler gear and the hot racing one piece bottom gear/shaft.

Never replace them again.
FaustKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Busted transmission and slipper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
compact transmission with slipper steven318is General Crawlers 7 11-01-2015 06:29 PM
NSX Forum, Guy gets BUSTED. Spam by a pheodophile, just insane BUSTED Kingofthehill Chit Chat 5 01-01-2008 12:28 AM