Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Battery Placements in Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

Default Battery Placements in Wraith

Hello!

I do not currently have a Wraith. I'm still doing research on what car I want for mostly FPV and I'm really liking the looks of the Wraith Spawn. One of the reasons is seeing the mods to put in a 5000mah 2s or 3s battery to in the front. The other reason is that it looks like the back of the cage is still pretty open for a 2nd battery (I will have to run at least two - one for the car and the other for the FPV equipment, but the 2nd one will be much smaller).

Anyway, I really can't seem to find many photos of the stock battery replacement. I've seen one where the battery was sitting next to the transmission, is that where it normally goes? I think if I put the battery up front, it displaces something else that is there which would have to be moved next to the transmission.

Anyway, anyone have any good photos on the different locations of batteries to help me?

Thanks!
cwhfsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

Default Re: Battery Placements in Wraith

Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you but, the battery placement from factory is placed in the rear. The stock battery tray mounts in between the rear shock hoops. So theres lots of room there to run a battery.
There are alot of threads here that show the battery forward mod. Lots of guys take the factory battery tray and move it up front just behind where the firewall would be on 1:1 vehicle. Best of all this mod is free. Then you have lots of room to mod up something in the rear for a smaller battery to run your FPV gear or what have you. I won't go into too much depth on how to do it as there are tons of threads on how to do this.
I just installed a Wertymade forward mount battery tray in mine. Installation was easy and gives you a solid battery mount and extra room to mount electronics to also. There are a few other aftermarket companies that make trays to do the forward battery mod also. None will break the bank by any means.
Happy building!
bash-crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply!

I have seen the forward battery mod. That will be one of my first. It looks like it may displace other electronics that normally go there, can someone confirm?

I saw a good way to mount FPV gear by making a plate that sits inside the frame behind the seats. Looks like readymaderc used to make a plate but no longer do. That is OK as I have a fair hand at DIY. Likely most people were doing that anyway which is why they would discontinue. If I move the battery to the front, then there should be enough room under that plate to put a servo to some panning of the camera.
cwhfsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #4

When doing the battery forward mod you will need to find a new home for the esc. Axial mounts the ESC on the back of the electronics box. With that relocated you will have the room for batteries.
With the Wertymade mount that I am using there is enough room for all my electronics up front, ESC included. Note I am using a Tekin ESC so the foot print of that is substantially smaller than the axial ESC and no longer am using the factory electronics box. But guys have got creative in their packing under the hood and can fit quite a bit of stuff under there, you'd be surprised.
I will for sure need to bow out any of the FPV gear questions as I have never installed a set up into a land vehicle, definitely no help there, sorry
bash-crash is offline   Reply With Quote

Battery Placements in Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith battery Bajaflo11 Newbie General 9 06-14-2014 12:03 AM
Electronic placements PhantomRS10 Axial SCX-10 20 11-16-2011 03:38 PM
Some one help me with Placements on the crawler! MRCCRAWLER1.9 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 08-06-2010 08:07 PM
Show your Battery Placements.. RcBro Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 03-30-2010 07:00 PM
lipo battery choices and placements pics flomofo Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 10-18-2007 05:31 PM