Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Incision locker spools

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #1

Default Incision locker spools

Does anyone know if the incision lockers work with the Vanquish V2 axles??
Dialitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Incision locker spools

im pretty sure they will. they say they will work in all vanquish products. i know first had that they work in the F9's
lzysmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

They fit in my rock jocks
slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:40 PM   #4

I bolted the locker to the HD gear and when I try to install the locker with the bearing carriers that are supplied with the V2. I cannot for the life of me get them to properly smoothly fit together in the axle diff housing unless I press them in place which I do not want to do.

It seems as if the bearing holders aren't allowing the locker and gear to sit properly cause the push up against the walls of the housing and get stuck nowhere near close to the mounting holes. So as of right now idk what to do other than get new lockers :/
Old 05-18-2016, 10:45 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Did you install the factory gasket between the ring gear and locker?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #6

No. At first I had one installed and I thought maybe that paper thin thickness was possibly causing the problem so I took them out but the problem remains. I really dont want to do any grinding.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The locker will fit. As long as the pinion is seated fully and the bearings are in correctly it will fit. Just push harder.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Dialitic, did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with a new V2 housing. While I don't have an Incision spool to try, I've tried several other lockers/spools (Felsenfest, LURC FI, GripFab, Axial stock), and it's just not fitting. I'm sure I could press it in, but it's binding way too much for that to work, and I really don't want to grind the carriers either.

I sent a message off to Vanquish to hopefully get their input, but I thought I'd see if you made any progress in the meantime.
aeiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #9

I was able to get the lockers to fit in the diff housing with no modifications. But not without having to screw the bearing holders down in order to get them to even seat in the housing properly (which i did not like doing). From what I can feel the gears mesh fine and I can spin the pinion shaft without feeling much resistance at all which is a good sign.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for more parts in the mail so I haven't been able to get this machine moving to see whether or not the lockers are seated and performs properly.

Also, when you get a response from Vanquish please let us know what they said.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:06 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

my incision spools were very tight fitting in my rockjock axles. I thought they were all the way in until I started screwing down the bearing caps. When I did that, it actually seated the bearings down more. When I spin the hub or the outdrive you can feel it is kind of tight. VP told me it would loosen up after running it. This actually only was the case in the rear. The front was looser. I also used the UD gears in the rear so IDK if the tighter mesh has anything to do with it being tight.
slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:51 PM   #11

Big difference in performance?
Cp7154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I know this is an old thread......but in having the same issue but with a stock wraith axle stock gears its like the bearing got bigger or something it just won't go into the housing.....any ideas would be helpful.

Sent From My LG V20
sharkattack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Your not running the stock gasket, right? Its going to be a tight fit and needs to put in straight, the slightest angle and it wont go in.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:15 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Your not running the stock gasket, right? Its going to be a tight fit and needs to put in straight, the slightest angle and it wont go in.
yes im running the stock gasket, figured it needed to be there. can you use it without the gasket? and if you don't need it what is the gasket for?
Old 12-02-2016, 06:28 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

With most aftermarket lockers you dont need the gasket. The gasket was for the stock locker so they could use it as an open diff to hold diff fluid.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:33 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Beno View Post
With most aftermarket lockers you dont need the gasket. The gasket was for the stock locker so they could use it as an open diff to hold diff fluid.
oh ok well then i will take the gasket out then and see if it fits better than, worse that can happen is it still not fit.....lol

thanks for the tip guys

Last edited by sharkattack99; 12-02-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:31 PM   #17

Yes I eventually did get the lockers to fit. It was kind of a fight to set in place but it did screw in place fine.

Also, last week I decided to clean out my axles after a good long summer of driving it around and I found no damage to the gears or axle housing. Bearings were a bit grainy though so I opened em and re-greased them. In fact re-installing the lockers w/ the gear was a lot easier than the first time.

Best thing to do I found is make sure that the 4 bearing cap holes are lined up properly, and tighten them down in a star pattern to make sure the screws are going in straight and the caps are applying an even clamping force.

Incision locker spools - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incision/vanquish spools Mitchell72 Axial RR10 Bomber 132 06-17-2018 09:50 AM
TracGear locker spools KevMc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 04-09-2009 07:22 AM