Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #1

Default Help!

New to RC. Got a new Spawn RTR kit not long ago. Ran it for two days on weekend I got it, next time I took it out the following weekend, throttle went out of control. Put new batteries in radio, ran for about 10 minutes or so, and the same thing happened. When the radio is turned off, the truck stops. Called tech support, and they sent me here. I think radio might be the problem. Any ideas? Tech support seemed to think it was a bad ESC, but very hesitant to send any new parts.
Jason_Hunnicutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Help!

Run through the whole process of re-binding the receiver and re-calibrating the ESC. If it's still happening after that and the steering is working, tell Axial that their level 2 tech support (evidently us ) diagnosed it as a bad ESC and they should replace it. I have a Bomber that just had very similar symptoms and it was definitely the ESC.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What do you mean by throttle went out of control? I would also rebind everything, this is usually my first step when things are not working right with your electrics. I'm thinking esc too
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #4

I did the whole rebinding and calibrating the throttle first, before I contacted Axial, and the same thing kept happening. the steering would work, but the truck would not respond to input from the throttle. I got the truck out today when I got home from work to see how long it would run before the throttle went out again, and it ran over half an hour(until battery gave out). It was running in wet grass, which has me wondering if the ESC could be overheating during normal dry running. Not sure if that could be the problem.
I really appreciate the help, as I have very limited experience with RC cars, and Axial seems to have limited experience with problems.
Jason_Hunnicutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #5

I agree with Mike. Probably ESC if the rebind and calibrate didn't fix it.
Jindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Hunnicutt View Post
I did the whole rebinding and calibrating the throttle first, before I contacted Axial, and the same thing kept happening. the steering would work, but the truck would not respond to input from the throttle. I got the truck out today when I got home from work to see how long it would run before the throttle went out again, and it ran over half an hour(until battery gave out). It was running in wet grass, which has me wondering if the ESC could be overheating during normal dry running. Not sure if that could be the problem.
I really appreciate the help, as I have very limited experience with RC cars, and Axial seems to have limited experience with problems.
Oh, Axial has plenty of experience with problems like this. I'm surprised they weren't more helpful, usually they're pretty good. Give them another call and insist that they do something to help, not just pass you off to an internet forum. Although we're happy to help you out here, Axial should be taking better care of their customers. In Axial's defense though, they're probably fielding a ton of SCX10-II and Bomber kit issues right now.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote