Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Chatter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #21

Default Re: Wraith Chatter

I appreciate the viewpoint but I am pretty sure this is an electronic issue. If it were the gears I suspect I would have issues 100% of the time but I don't. That being said, I will look at the gears when I install my new waterproof ESC. Thanks
SpaceWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Let us know what you find. I am curious now...
supra_89t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #23

I will let you know what fixes it.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #24

What esc are you going with? I just got in a quicrun 1080wp from hobbyking and I'm pretty impressed with it. They were offering free shipping and for $40 had to give it a try. Also I really like the mamba micro x.
frontedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #25

I'm in Fort Worth quite a bit maybe we can meet up and I'll see if there is anything I notice. I'm pretty new to crawlers, but have been into rc for about 10 years.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #26

I too am going with the Quicrun 1080wp.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #27

I like it so far. It's super smooth, but seems the drag brake is lacking a little.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #28

Cool Re: Wraith Chatter

I thought I would offer an update to my Wraith fixes and upgrades that I did while trying to fix the chatter problem.
● I purchased and installed a Quicrun WP 1080 brushed waterproof ESC made for crawlers and it seems to have fixed the chatter problem though I will know more after I get out to the park.
● I built a custom battery tray out of aluminum and installed it in front using the existing ESC mount screw hole to hold it in place. I hope that the weight transfer helps with crawling.
● I glued a piece of aluminum in the rear battery tray and mounted the ESC and receiver box in the tray with double sided tape. I had to add an extension to the servo cable to reach the receiver box. It looks really good.
● I am in the process of adding clips to the hood to allow it to raise like a traditional hood to allow access to the battery. To hold the front of the hood down I am foregoing screws with holes for clips and instead adding a small piece of steel above the head lights and adhering magnets to the underside of the hood. I think this will look better and I won't have to mess with tiny clips.

Now for the bad news.
● I took apart my shocks to put in different pistons and lighter springs and I over filled with oil and blew the seals in all four shocks. Oops. Now I have to order news rings and rebuild them. Live and learn.
● During a test drive yesterday I discovered that when the car got about 15 feet away it quit responding to the radio and drove away on its own. I think it might be the transmitter but I would like to know what you guys think. I will tell you that I have dropped the transmitter at least three times due to a weak hand grip on my part. I am looking at the Ikonnik ET4 radio for $69 from Hobbytown.
● During a test drive yesterday the Axial AS-3 servo started making a loud noise when turning full left, almost like internal gears grinding. I don't know what is causing it but I think a new waterproof servo is in my future. Any affordable suggestions?

I will let you know if the chatter problem has indeed been solved by the new ESC after some real tests in the wild.

Later
Andrew AKA SpaceWheels
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #29

This should be my last post on this thread after the following update.
* I figured out what was causing the chatter and the car running without the radio. It turned out that I pinched the antenna wire under the lid of the receiver box and cut it in half. I didn't realize it until after I bought a new radio and went to change the receiver. Live and learn.
* Frank at the local Hobbytown rebuilt my shocks for me and they work fine now.
* I had to replace the servo because of broken gears with a waterproof HiTec model.

That's it. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Spacewheels

Wraith Chatter - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delaware chatter 02tac Delaware 526 03-14-2017 09:48 AM
Strange Servo Chatter Lex07 Vaterra Twin Hammers 1 10-25-2014 09:15 PM
Random chatter 904crawler Florida 36 08-14-2013 06:31 AM
Chatter rc crawler boy Electronics 12 07-29-2013 03:21 PM
servo chatter seaturtle Electronics 6 05-04-2013 06:53 PM