Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: HPI Apache cockpit on Wraith?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Default HPI Apache cockpit on Wraith?

Hi guys!
I've done some reading, and I found out that the HPI Apache cockpit fits well in the Wraith, but can someone post some some pics?? I would like to see some before I get one.. And is it a straight swap?
Thanks in advance!
NunoTT
NunoTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: HPI Apache cockpit on Wraith?

Drops in nice with a little trimming.
Would be ideal if your side panels had a straight top sill line rather than the V, you'll need to fill that otherwise. I used a couple of lexan off cuts, bent 90 over the edge of the bench & dbl sided taped to the underside of the cockpit.

Just trimmed the front to tuck under the windscreen bar & anchored with tiny zip ties.
Don't have pic of rear edge (I'll try remember to get one later) but similar to front just popped a small hole through the seat back above the cross bar & held with zip ties.

Bomber cockpit should fit very similar, just need trimming.
Attached Images

altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Drops in nice with a little trimming.
Would be ideal if your side panels had a straight top sill line rather than the V, you'll need to fill that otherwise. I used a couple of lexan off cuts, bent 90 over the edge of the bench & dbl sided taped to the underside of the cockpit.

Just trimmed the front to tuck under the windscreen bar & anchored with tiny zip ties.
Don't have pic of rear edge (I'll try remember to get one later) but similar to front just popped a small hole through the seat back above the cross bar & held with zip ties.

Bomber cockpit should fit very similar, just need trimming.
I'm also looking for a painted c1 apache cockpit but can't get the hand on one for my U4 1.9 project

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
le varan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

HPI 107371 is the part # your looking for but pretty much OOS everywhere now & listed as discontinued most places also.
King Motor have a near identical clone that they're sourcing somewhere, so there's a factory with the molds out there.

RR10 cockpit is probably easier option now, virtually same width & only slightly deeper than HPI, not quite as wide a Yeti cockpit.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote