Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: RR10 Trans in a Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #1

Default RR10 Trans in a Wraith

So i've been in the crawling scene for a long long time. I took a break for awhile due to having kids and working a lot. Now the kids are older and love the hobby just like i do. I decided I wanted to build a Wraith. I picked up and chassis with body and a set of panels and a RR10 bomber transmission with center support, a Castle sidewinder 3 and Castle brushless motor for right around $110. I am planning on running the bomber trans and center support since it already has metal gearing.. Has anyone done this yet? What was the result? I am comparing placement of links to decide if i go Wraith length or run Twin Hammers length trailing arms on the back. Also shocks? Whats budget friendly but good? Any input or advice is welcome!
BDRiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2020, 07:05 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RR10 Trans in a Wraith

Firstly I wouldent do it, the wraith trans is pretty good and allows for a full interior, and has better center of gravity. Wait which wraith? Either way, scx10 3gear trans all the way. $40 on ebay. A good brushless is better then a 2 speed transmission imo.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:53 PM   #3

Default Re: RR10 Trans in a Wraith

I would have preferred the wraith trans but I got the center support, trans, esc and motor for $80. I figured I would see if I can make it work. Otherwise I'll sell it and get a different trans it this can't work for some reason.
BDRiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

RR10 Trans in a Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RR10 Bomber-Skid and Trans on Wraith NunoTT Axial Wraith 6 07-14-2016 10:21 PM
RR10, Pulled the Trans and Xfer rngrchad Axial RR10 Bomber 3 03-28-2016 12:00 PM