Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith 1.9 advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 01:46 AM   #1

Default Wraith 1.9 advice?

Just picked up a new RTR Wraith 1.9 I want to keep it as a simple build.

What are the necessary out of the box upgrades?

The 1.9 does state 3S capable but seen some references on here about keeping it at 2S unless running a BEC, does this apply to all Wraith models or just the older ones?
SCRcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2020, 04:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wraith 1.9 advice?

Out of the box, a front chassis brace and universal axle shafts. After that a servo and tires. If you have a 3D printer, I believe there is a chassis brace on Thingsiverse.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRcrawler View Post

The 1.9 does state 3S capable but seen some references on here about keeping it at 2S unless running a BEC, does this apply to all Wraith models or just the older ones?
I have several older stock Axials, and I've never had any problems with 3s. They're built to handle it.

Never had any problems with the Spawn Wraith either regarding the ESC. But both the servo and motor were too weak for the tire size. I ran it hard and burnt the motor, but I was asking for it
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by tjohanne; 05-08-2020 at 06:52 AM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Batteries and a charger.

Everything else is optional.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #5

I’ve just been reading Axial updated the chassis due to breaks I’m assuming you are still recommending the chassis braces even for the revised chassis.

First day out with it today and even in box stock I’m pretty happy given the price point
Old 05-15-2020, 04:45 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have the updated chassis. I looked at what Axial did and decided to order the chassis brace. If you are a bashed get the brace, if run trail you will probably be fine. $20.00 for a brace and $30.00 for replacement parts.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:22 AM   #7

Any preference on brand of brace?

SSD have one that’s easy for me to obtain in the UK
Old 05-17-2020, 05:31 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Any preference on brand of brace?

SSD have one that’s easy for me to obtain in the UK
The SSD braces won't fit the updated chassis unless you shave off the extra reinforcement material Axial added.
vinnieb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:33 AM   #9

^ Thanks good job I asked!

That’s the one big issue I’m having with the Wraith, there’s been a few updates I keep having to check and double check which model.

Some bits I’ve been directed to the SCX10 other times it’s all under ‘Wraith’ and the occasionally parts are listed for the Wraith 1.9 on their own.

Minefield...
Old 06-28-2020, 07:09 PM   #10

I recommend a servo personally i just bought the cheap 20kg one on amazon and it turns my wraiths tires great and mine are 2.2s. Other then that if you are serious about crawling i would look into getting aluminum links, or at the very least buy metal pivot balls and put them in the stock links you get WAY more articulation. Not sure if the new wraith comes with the battery in the front already? If not i highly recommend doing the battery forward mod i used the original battery try for mine and it works great.
kushboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:36 PM   #11

No one has recommended metal links? I despise plastic links, way too sloppy for me. First upgrade I did was ESC (Hobbywing 1080) and a budget 5-slot motor (Reedy out of my Enduro), my stock ESC died on the second run (no abuse). I've had several of the Dynamite ESC's from Axial before they are ok, I believe this one was just a lemon. Chassis brace (Reefs for me), metal links (Incision because why not), wheels (ebay knockoffs) and tires (proline Hyrax) were next. As it stands right now it's a fantastic rig. it could use a bit more grip in the front and I think everything that crawls needs OD, but honestly I think this rig is going remain just like it is for now. I actually have not upgraded my servo yet as the stock one is still hanging in there. Admittedly this is not one of my primary rigs, but every time I take it out I tell myself it should be.

Get the chassis brace (I have the original chassis), wheels/tires, and decide from there. Servo is likely your next move.
IronOKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I ran my wraith1.9 as primary rig at axialfest it took alot good tumbles and only failure was servo. I put vanquish axle shafts in front (to keep for breaking the C on the axle), vp knuckles, then just for piece of mind Intalled vp ring&pinions and spools. I also replaced stock motor with holmes 13t crawlmaster sport. Had similar top speed as my bomber with 21t 550.
NitroDarwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith 1.9 advice? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith electronics advice jsix321@yahoo.com Newbie General 4 06-25-2017 01:37 PM
First wraith advice slapjack Axial Wraith 42 05-12-2016 12:37 PM
Little wraith advice surgetek Axial Wraith 0 01-19-2015 07:54 AM
newbie needs wraith advice bigsky09 Newbie General 15 01-05-2014 05:17 AM
I'm looking for some advice from the Wraith professionals... mnstrbetle Axial Wraith 26 01-02-2014 08:53 PM