Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith - capra conversion???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wraith - capra conversion???

Has anybody converted a wraith into a capra? Wasnt sure whether to post this in the wraith section or capra section.

Ive got a complete wraith on the shelf with a broken cage and cant find the replacements. But i can find the capra cages all over for much cheaper than the questionable metal cages from china.

Wondering if anyone has tried anything of the sort. Skid plate and transmission seem to be the big issue. Migjt just have to order the cage and see if i can modify it to fit the wraith skid or a scx10 skidplate, or get a capra one and mod it for the 3 gear trans.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Nogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith - capra conversion???

Wraith cage parts are available, what did you need?

https://www.rpphobby.com/SearchResul...=1&brand=Axial

keep in mind theres the 1.9 version as well as the old 2.2 version, not sure whats compatible and whats not.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Would that be a Wrapra?

So in my mind it is a Capra with AR60 axles on it, the only reason I'd want the Capra is for the portals...if you can't get the cage squared away have you thought about building a Wroncho out of the leftover Wraith parts?
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I put Capra axles under a wraith but I didn’t try it the other way around. But cage parts are pretty cheap for a wraith unless the whole things a total loss. Let us know what you decide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Would that be a Wrapra?

So in my mind it is a Capra with AR60 axles on it, the only reason I'd want the Capra is for the portals...if you can't get the cage squared away have you thought about building a Wroncho out of the leftover Wraith parts?
Heck yeah! Build a Wroncho!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If you can't find replacement parts for the Wraith cage, I'd go with a Wroncho build too. If you think the cage in a Wraith is tight to work in, you haven't seen anything until you try to shoehorn everything into a Capra cage.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
If you can't find replacement parts for the Wraith cage, I'd go with a Wroncho build too. If you think the cage in a Wraith is tight to work in, you haven't seen anything until you try to shoehorn everything into a Capra cage.
This is the exact reason why I dismantled my wraith and built a Wroncho. I have large hands and fat sausage fingers. I got tired of dealing with trying to fix or deal with things inside the cage

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Cool Re: Wraith - capra conversion???

So i kinda jumped the gun and ordered a capra cage set to try out. The tight quarters might piss me off lol, but i guess im goin for it.

Ive thought about the wroncho route, but i have 3 other "trucks" ( plus a d90 frankenstein in the works and i kind of like the tube buggy deal. Plus i initially bought the wraith after trying to fit my 2.2 scorpios (not sure 100% why, but i just love those tires) on a bodied rig. Smaller cage might solve a couple of clearance issues i had on the wraith without being overly tall or running wheel spacers.

I guess itll be an interesting addition, the wrapra would be the only rig in the fleet without portals. Will update once the parts arrive. Thanks for the input guys, even though i guess im just stubborn
Old 01-08-2021, 08:58 PM   #9
RCC Addict

There's a few capra replacement skids that takes the 3 gear wraith/scx10 trans, that should make it a fairly straight forward change over.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

My capra cage came in. Got it assembled and made a couple plates to mount a scx skid in there, seems to be going together smoothly. Will load some pics later.

Now that ive got the skid sorted i decided that this rig will be a reality and went ahead and ordered the body panels and interior, as well as headlight lenses and a set of 105mm shocks (trying to get the ride height similar and figured the slighly longer shocks would make up some of the differences between the shock mount heights on the ar60s vs portals)
Old 06-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

How is this build going Nogman? Any updates??
2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith - capra conversion??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VFD Capra...Can I Still Call It A Capra? mjensen Axial Capra 107 11-20-2021 03:56 AM
Krazed Builds Alcista Comp Capra Conversion Robbob Chassis and Suspension 2 05-09-2021 10:27 PM
Wraith links on Capra? mewalsh100 Axial Capra 4 11-30-2020 07:14 AM
Chassis Size - Bomber, Wraith 2.2, Wraith 1.9, Capra 1.9? Drm31078 General Crawlers 2 03-03-2020 05:41 PM