Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: XR10 - suggested setup ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #1

Default XR10 - suggested setup ?

Hey

new to this, considering getting an XR10 - have an SCX10 now, and loving it, but i want to try my hands at some other stuff - im hoping that something like the XR10 will be excellent at crawling "anywhere" - meaning that we dont have that many rock terrains here, but more the forest kinda stuff.

Anyways if i was to get this kit what would the best dig setup for someone new to it like me, but still something precise and controllable, and exactly how do you control it via your remote?

As i understand it i need a 4+ channel receiver - is this possible to get in a _non_ 2.4ghz system, while still being reliable? And if i do go 2.4ghz does anyone have a suggestion for something other than the 4pk - i like it, but its _very_ pricey and to be honest, i believe alot of the controls out there might be equally good, and youre just paying for those extremely advanced things that i might not use, so .. suggestions welcome!

Also if anyone has any advice on which specific motors, esc, servo and any upgrades that would be good to order with the kit, id really appreciate it - preferably with part numbers!

It should be noted i wont be using it for competition, since we dont have those here (unfortunately) but i do want it to be as advanced, and able to deal with extreme things, as possible ( yes i want to be able to climb trashcans and walls )

Thanks in advance!
nos2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

You can get away with a 3 channel radio, as long as the third channel has a 3 position switch. With that kind of remote and something like the Punk dig, you just need one esc, two motors, servo, etc...
Traxxas makes a cheaper 2.4gh with a 3 pos 3rd channel and the receivers are cheap. Spend a little more get the much nicer DX3R.
Servo - I would go with something like a Hi-tech 7950.
Motors - too many options to say, it's up to you (35s, 45s, 55s?)
Digs - if Punk RC is still selling them, go for their dig unit.
TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote