Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: why waste the money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

The XR10 will be the BEST out the box crawler to date, and it will be a GREAT platform to build future comp rigs.

Will it be as tough as some other fully built comp rig out of the box? Well just say if is.... it will be 1st in the RC industry were UPGRADES and after market parts rule the day!

IMO anybody who thinks or says this kit won't need upgrades or aftermarket parts is full of crap.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

In regard to "all the bad things you have heard" and people who have things breaking.......

its weird how those problems are all plaguing specific individuals

but those who have posted 10+ page build threads about the XR10 love it and have had no issues

I.E. all the guys who got the rigs before they were released, and all those who have been in this hobby for 5+ years......

thier rigs work great.

But I guess not reading the instructions carefully, and using a screw that is too long and jamming it into the gearcase would be Axial's fault and a production issue

when it comes to a waste of money, I look at the $1500 i have in my AX10 and shake my head in shame.

then I look at an XR10 kit for $300 and realize i could build a bully and berg killer for about 6-7 bills total.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-walker View Post
why waste the money
LOL - I find it amazing this thread has gotten so much traction! Couldn't one make the "why waste the money" argument with any RC rig?
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #24

i appreciate everyones opinions and insight looks like imma end up keeping my ax and still gonna end up getting a xr, how much different is it to drive a moa than a shafty. does it take much getting used to
usmc-walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster_65 View Post
Received mine today (bought from Ebay in Germany) and I really dont think Iīve waisted my money.. and I havenīt even begun to build it

I think itīs an early night for the kids, to allow daddy to plow through everything in the box and start the build

Peter
I saw these things popping up on ebay a few weeks ago and got all pissed off lol..
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
I saw these things popping up on ebay a few weeks ago and got all pissed off lol..
Yep...But the kit is $340 & shipping is $58...Yikes...I was tempted...But I will just
wait for mine to show up at my door.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #27
No idea what I'm doing

I can't wait for my XR-10 to show up, and suck the last few precious moments I have left out of each and every day
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

It's really funny how you guys gang up on someone who expresses any concern about the XR10. I've ordered mine and I can't wait to get it.

As far as people having problems because they used the wrong screw: that is not necessarily their fault. As a product manager and a former product designer I will tell you that poorly designed UI or documentation can cause users to use the product incorrectly. That is the manufacturers fault. I haven't seen the manual for the XR10 so I don't know how clearly that particular step is explained, but don't leap to the conclusion that it's purely the customer's fault. I'd bet a lot of money that, if he were able to do it all over again, the guy who wrote the manual for the XR10 would have done something differently for that step.

It's not a big deal but don't sound like such a fanboy and keep insisting that Axial can do no wrong. I mean, wow, some of you were hurling personal insults at this guy.

On a related note: kudos to Axial for amassing such a large army of fanboys! That's not easy to do and it's a huge asset (and can be a huge pain in the @ss). Looks like I will be joining their ranks soon.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Ive seen the instructions, in person...They are clear....You just have to read it
right. So is it still the fault of the product?

Last edited by fa1rch1ld; 08-25-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

(sigh...)

1. Clarity is subjective.
2. This isn't an binary issue. The point is that a leap of logic to point out that this is ALL the fault of the customer is just as erroneous as the leap of logic that this is ALL the fault of Axial. Is it the fault of the product, you ask? It absolutely could be. And that fault could be shared by the customer who didn't look closely at the instructions. The manufacturer of a product carries the burden of assuring customer satisfaction, and in the case of product that the customer must assemble, the burden of making sure they are successful at that task.
3. Determining quality requires a sliding scale. If your new XR10 came with just one big exploded parts diagram and said, "you figure it out" you would be pissed, right? If it were a 500 page manual that showed each part from 12 different angles with a 500 word description of each step you would be pissed, right? So when you're somewhere in the middle of those extremes you will find some people who are effected because the instructions weren't clear enough. That could simply be a note next two the two screws used in the step that says: ATTENTION: Make sure you use part #xxx as using the longer screw could cause damage to the transmission. Believe it or not, many RC manufacturers do this quite commonly (Xray, Kyosho, etc). Not saying this was necessary for the XR10, because I haven't seen it's manual yet, but it probably would have prevented the problem.
4. Messing up when you're following the directions doesn't mean you're an idiot. I guarantee that we've ALL done it before.

Or to put it more simply, fanboy gang bangs are just silly. Relax.

BTW, fa1rch1ld - I grew up in Granite Bay. Is the lake still bone dry? Last time I was there I took a great picture of a sign that was supposed to be out in the water that said something like, "No swimming beyond this point" and it was standing in the middle of a huge dirt flat. There wasn't any water within a 100 feet of it.

Last edited by mdowney; 08-25-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #31
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
(sigh...)
For someone that doesn't like to see people spout off their opinions, you sure like to spout off your opinions.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Axial could have installed a fist in the instructions.... Every time you read
something wrong it beats the $hit out of you

Quote:
(sigh...)BTW, fa1rch1ld - I grew up in Granite Bay. Is the lake still bone dry? Last time I was there I took a great picture of a sign that was supposed to be out in the water that said something like, "No swimming beyond this point" and it was standing in the middle of a huge dirt flat. There wasn't any water within a 100 feet of it.
Ya...The lake can be a bad ass crawlin spot....But the water is very high at the
moment....I want a drought to happen again
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I love when someone makes a claim about something, without actually having hands on knowledge of that something. Even funnier when people don't like how others state their opinions but freely state their own opinions.

Nothing is perfect out of the box. There is always someone who can screw up even with perfectly good instructions. It has even happened to me a time or two.

In the end Axial is a stand up company and have made the crawler/scaler hobby what it is today. While I am not jumping up to get one of these right away, I am glad to see it. I instead plan to spend my time becoming a better driver with my LCC, then when I feel like the rig is the only thing holding me back I will upgrade.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
For someone that doesn't like to see people spout off their opinions, you sure like to spout off your opinions.
LOL, isn't that the point?

I expect people to voice their opinions on a forum. If they gang up on someone and start insulting them because they asked a question I'll certainly voice my opinion and call them on it. I suppose my hope is that it will help promote more level-headed thinking in the future. I can only hope...
Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
Ya...The lake can be a bad ass crawlin spot....But the water is very high at the
moment....I want a drought to happen again
That's what I was thinking. You're in crawling heaven out there. Good to hear the lake is filling up again though.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #36
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
I suppose my hope is that it will help promote more level-headed thinking in the future. I can only hope...
That's reaching for the stars on this forum. Best of luck space ranger.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
That's reaching for the stars on this forum. Best of luck space ranger.
so back on topic once again how hard is it to go from a shafty to a moa in terms of driving and getting used to doing diff things with it
usmc-walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

well, i assume after you get over the "sh__!" "i cant believe it just did that" factor,

you'll just be a better driver
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #39
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-walker View Post
so back on topic once again how hard is it to go from a shafty to a moa in terms of driving and getting used to doing diff things with it
I drove another pack today and damn, it does a lot of things right out of the box my berg didnīt do. Of course my berg ainīt one of the best dialed in and tuned ones, but still pretty cool what this new rig does.
Uli
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

The transition to an MOA is not that hard in my opinion. I went from a sportsman to a bully not to long ago. I'm still learning when to use the dig and the little qwerks of an MOA, but it makes me look better than I am. The biggest change for me was the going to a twin stick xmitter. If you stay with a pistol grip I would bet the transition for you will be relatively easy. Good luck
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote