Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: why waste the money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

Default why waste the money

ok so i need a few opinions, i have seen alot of complaints about the xr10 so far which is kinda throwing me off on wanting to buy one, so whats the better option here, waiting to see if they work out the bugs and such and pick one up....or......load up my ax10 that i have built over the past 2 years with the hot racing moa conversion to go to moa and still keep all my upgrades that i dunno would work with xr10 or not.... all comments welcome thanks guys

usmc-walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-walker View Post
ok so i need a few opinions, i have seen alot of complaints about the xr10 so far which is kinda throwing me off on wanting to buy one, so whats the better option here, waiting to see if they work out the bugs and such and pick one up....or......load up my ax10 that i have built over the past 2 years with the hot racing moa conversion to go to moa and still keep all my upgrades that i dunno would work with xr10 or not.... all comments welcome thanks guys
Judging by that pic, you should just stick with what you got. AX-10 MOA conversion? I'd rather stick with driveshafts. The problems I've seen with the XR-10 mostly seem to be builder related. As far as wasting money...looks like you got that down pat

You should work on your rig setup rather than buying an XR-10.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Not to be rude....But the XR10 stock will put your AX10 to shame with whatever
upgrades you could possibly put on it. I currently drive a LCC. I love it. The XR
will even put that to shame.

Last edited by fa1rch1ld; 08-24-2010 at 02:10 PM.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa1rch1ld View Post
Not to be rude....But the XR10 stock will put your AX10 to same with whatever
upgrades you could possibly put on it. I currently drive a LCC. I love it. The XR
will even puts that to shame.

mabye but what i hear is there boss until they break somthing about the gear sizes. so yeah it might be better suited than my ax but if it breaks dont really matter right?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
but if it breaks dont really matter right?
Well, if you build it according to the instructions, then it should have no troubles....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I went through the same dilemma. I don't know much about the XR-10, I just didn't want to wait for it. I considered putting bully axles on my ax-10. I started looking around and a lot of times you can find roller on the classifieds for a good price. The down side to using the ax-10 chassis it it is a lot wider than it need to be. You can narrow it, but then you change your link mounts. You really wind up starting over anyways. You don't save that much money if any either. It doesn't matter which axles you run, they all have some sort of design weakness. At some point you wind up spending the money. Just my opinion. As far as wasting money, I don't think it is wasted if you have fun with it. Good luck
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
mabye but what i hear is there boss until they break somthing about the gear sizes. so yeah it might be better suited than my ax but if it breaks dont really matter right?
You don't buy an XR-10 because it's "boss". You buy it because it's a competition ready crawler kit, which hopefully you will do well with in competition, when properly set up. The breaking gears appear to be a stupidity issue, and not a manufacturer's defect.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Stop reading into the issues, those were assembly errors by those that built them, not Axial's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Well, if you build it according to the instructions, then it should have no troubles....
Ditto.

Those that seem to be the "haters" are those that haven't gotten a chance to see the XR-10's in action. Just jaw dropping abilities in STOCK form.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I have 5 moa rigs now and soon to be a sixth one in the fleet xr-10
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

You think the XR-10 has issues but you are willing to put Hot Racing MOA axles on your AX-10? Get ready for issues.....and wasting money.

Quote:
This is based on one comment from one person who used his Mechanical Engineer title to make you think he didn't need any calculations to back up his "analysis"

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 08-24-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
You think the XR-10 has issues but you are willing to put Hot Racing MOA axles on your AX-10? Get ready for issues.....and wasting money.

This is based on one comment from one person who used his Mechanical Engineer title to make you think he didn't need any calculations to back up his "analysis"
Hahaha!!!!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:

like i said looking for opinions and i have actully heard this from multiple people including 2 retailers, but i can overlook this seeing as how every rig you buy is going to have its weak spots i think im just to attached to my ax and dont wanna admit that MOA is the way to go now a days.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
like i said looking for opinions and i have actully heard this from multiple people including 2 retailers,
Who all heard it on the internet right?

Unlike some manufacturers, Axial is in this for the long haul. They sponsor drivers, major comps, and minor comps. They hired great crawlers so that they could produce great crawler products.
Giving up on their latest release because you heard from a few people that there were issues is crazy talk. Wait a few months if you must but don't think for a minute the XR-10 will be a waste of money.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
RCC Addict

All this XR talk is getting me pumped....Anyone have a date on release? Its
August 24th....Its getting to the end of the month.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Who all heard it on the internet right?

Unlike some manufacturers, Axial is in this for the long haul. They sponsor drivers, major comps, and minor comps. They hired great crawlers so that they could produce great crawler products.
Giving up on their latest release because you heard from a few people that there were issues is crazy talk. Wait a few months if you must but don't think for a minute the XR-10 will be a waste of money.

i know this and im not saying its a waste of money either, you are reading to much into it, i just cant decide if i wanna swap out my ax10 that i have had so much work and time into for somthing that is just breaking out but it seems that its all going twords moa, my origional question was should i go with a moa swap for my ax or give in and get a xr, and looking at the pros and cons of both sides.

Edit, the title of the topic was an attention grabber, i wasnt exactly stating that it will be a waste of money buying the xr, wasting of money refers to me giving up on the ax

Last edited by usmc-walker; 08-24-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

When I was driving an AX-10 I cannot even remember a comp where something didnt break.

I think the XR-10 is going to be an incredible rig that should be pretty reliable. I would not be scared of wasting money by investing in one of these kits.

By the way I think that your rear axle is a little off on your ax-10 as it seems like it is clocked to much and also seems like one side of your truck is longer than the other.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Gpdealer is saying "early September," but they usually get stuff late. I'd guess that some other distributors get them a few days earlier...

As for durability issues, I wouldnt worry too much. The abuse I've seen these trucks take is phenomenal, and if there were an issue, Axial would be quick to make things right.

rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #18
sim
Quarry Creeper

I have also heard "a lot of complaints" but they're all quoting the same thread on the same web forum, complaining about the same part, so in essence I'm only hearing two complaints about the XR-10. One: the rear gears, and two: why isn't it available?

Even if this is a genuine weakness of the XR-10, and even if Axial doesn't come up with an upgrade, and even if other manufacturers don't fall over themselves to come up with the most needed upgrade for the most anticipated crawler in the history of RC crawling... I'm sure one of the tinkerers on rccrawler will figure out a solution before I get a chance to.

I have an AX-10 as well and was halfway through modding it when the XR-10 was announced. I'm happy driving it around for the moment, but I'm already preparing small mods for my new rig.
sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I called a big online crawlers-only store (who's name I shall not mention) two weeks ago and asked when they were expecting their shipment and - no joking - they said they were expecting them that Friday. I said that sounded odd because everyone else was telling me early Sept and the dude was like, "Well that's why you should order from us. We'll get them before everyone else."

That seemed really shady to me. It may have been unintentional but I think he was just telling me that so I'd pre-order from them. I ended up paying $15 more to buy it at RPP Hobby. They've always been good to me in the past.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #20

Received mine today (bought from Ebay in Germany) and I really dont think Iīve waisted my money.. and I havenīt even begun to build it

I think itīs an early night for the kids, to allow daddy to plow through everything in the box and start the build

Peter
Rooster_65 is offline   Reply With Quote