Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: J-Fab "NorCal" Outlaw MOA XR10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default J-Fab "NorCal" Outlaw MOA XR10.

Hey Guys, My Buddy J-Fab NorCal (Justin) lacks regular internet, so Here's some pictures of his customized XR10. Converted his J-Fab Designs Outlaw MOA Chassis and his Custom Link Setup to his XR10 Axles before he ever ran the truck stock. Here's a few sneak peaks, more detailed pictures coming soon.

Got to run the setup for 15-20 minutes and got some grindage from the axles. (And Yes, I checked that I used the correct screw lengths... three times!)

The only Saving grace to this failure is the very simple fact that Jake's Performance Hobbies in Rohnert Park already had spare gears and parts to get me going! www.jphracing.com

New gears installed, and fingers crossed.

If you're interested in the "J-Fab Designs Outlaw MOA Chassis, or the Outlaw Links , www.jphracing.com has one in stock, or email jfabnorcal@gmail.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #2

Default Any more information ?

Seams like bad luck is hanging on to J-Fab lately. Do you guys have any more info on the breakage ? Is it an assembly problem, gears bad, ect.
CobbCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Man, more gear breakage. This is not good. Axial has a big problem on their hands. This seems to be happening way too commonly.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

this is becoming an epidemic. so you broke both front and rear? that's the first front I've heard of breaking.
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

yeah im startin to get worried about building mine up and breaking it too quickly without having spares on hand...do yall know the part numbers for the two gears that i would need for spares?
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Hey there j-fab here gettin a chance to use mr. Verticals computer since im stuck in the dark ages and havn't a phone line in miles to get internet..ha ha. Went out today under the 101 for some more testing of my xr10 hybrid and had a completely different crawling experience than my first time with it. Picked up some new gears from jake's performance hobbies in rohnert park ca. Slapped them in exactly as i did the first time, with all the same screws in the same location. so the guys had a coarse set up when i showed and was excited to test this thing out. "man this thing feels smooth" im thinkin as i make it through gate one, so i drove it like i would my berg and kept progressing gates to the finish for a -20 much to my suprise. After that i was iching to test er through tough lines the 101 has to offer. She made up everything with ease and impressingly stable. Bound it up a few good times to test the gears, still together. Got to hand to axial for providing us with a cutting edge crawler to push the limits of rc crawling. As with anything theres gonna be bugs to work out and parts to be broken and have to be "beefed". I look forward to getting on the rocks again asap. Heres some more pics of the j-fab nor-cal "outlaw m.o.a. Xr10 hybrid.
MR.VERTICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Old 09-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Hey there j-fab here gettin a chance to use mr. Verticals computer since im stuck in the dark ages and havn't a phone line in miles to get internet..ha ha. Went out today under the 101 for some more testing of my xr10 hybrid and had a completely different crawling experience than my first time with it. Picked up some new gears from jake's performance hobbies in rohnert park ca. Slapped them in exactly as i did the first time, with all the same screws in the same location. so the guys had a coarse set up when i showed and was excited to test this thing out. "man this thing feels smooth" im thinkin as i make it through gate one, so i drove it like i would my berg and kept progressing gates to the finish for a -20 much to my suprise. After that i was iching to test er through tough lines the 101 has to offer. She made up everything with ease and impressingly stable. Bound it up a few good times to test the gears, still together. Got to hand to axial for providing us with a cutting edge crawler to push the limits of rc crawling. As with anything theres gonna be bugs to work out and parts to be broken and have to be "beefed". I look forward to getting on the rocks again asap. Heres some more pics of the j-fab nor-cal "outlaw m.o.a. Xr10 hybrid.
Thats good to hear. After looking at the XR-10 in Jake's today, i want one so bad now. Axial really thought it through compared to their ax-10.

So, would you say it crawls better than your berg?
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Default Custom 5/16 solid steel tie rod with traxxas 3m ends

Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Old 09-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Old 09-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Default Wiring came out pretty clean for a guy who hates wires.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Thats good to hear. After looking at the XR-10 in Jake's today, i want one so bad now. Axial really thought it through compared to their ax-10.

So, would you say it crawls better than your berg?
Well there is one crack under the 101 that i wasn't able to get that my berg does, but its a brutal line that would rarely be a comp line so im not too disappointed. overall super smooth thats with the cheap 45t integy motors that i had laying around. oh and the diff clearance and smooth axles are the definitely noticeable. some more time on the rig will be the real decideing factor.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
Well there is one crack under the 101 that i wasn't able to get that my berg does, but its a brutal line that would rarely be a comp line so im not too disappointed. overall super smooth thats with the cheap 45t integy motors that i had laying around. oh and the diff clearance and smooth axles are the definitely noticeable. some more time on the rig will be the real decideing factor.
So is this going to be your comp rig for NBRCC this year?

The 101 does have some TUFF lines for sure.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Let me wire it... "please".
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Looks very sweet!!! Cant wait to finish mine just got the front axke assembled and it is butter smooth. Will see about the rear
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:30 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

You seem to have had no bad issues in your outing this time. What does your gear mesh feel like? Did you set it tight or loose?

Looking great.

Thanks.

Last edited by Harvo; 09-05-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
RCC Addict

How did you break the gear? Were you just stuck in a tuff bind?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

i set the mesh up the same as i always do, with a little play between the gears. seems to be holding up. i think it was a bad batch of gears originally,we will see. the only other issue i've had is the small flanged bearings inside the trans case are falling apart. vanquish to the rescue on that one soon with the new aluminum case and bushings to replace those bearings. hey steve, u think i could test some of those out? J-FAB