Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: what tools are needed to put the xr10 together?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question what tools are needed to put the xr10 together?

i was wondering what tools are need for the xr10(i know you need a soldering iron pliers and that knid of stuff) but what about hex sizes and heads on bolts?
also will this tool kit work? if not can some one give me a link to a better one?
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/flyermat...it-p-2626.html
thanks in advance
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

It comes with a combo socket wrench that actually works really well. I have a full, high-end socket set from Pro-Line but I found myself just using the little one that came with the kit.

For hex wrenches is uses 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 2.5mm - mostly the 2.0mm. I recommend the Pro-Line metric set ($50 at Tower). You don't want to go cheap on hex wrenches. Cheap wrenches brake easily. A good set is worth the investment.

Other than that, a good pair of needle nose pliers, xacto knife with a fresh blade, a 10mm ratcheting wrench for the shock assembly, some Lexan scissors for cutting the body, a body reamer for making holes for the body posts, regular pliers, scissors, and a nail file for when you need to sand down bits of plastic.

I will add that the quality of this kit is among the best I have assembled - especially the plastics. Very impressed.
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

X2 on not using cheap hex wrenches...

The integy nitri hexs have been the best bang for the buck so far for me...the one thing integy got right the metric set is about $30.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote