Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: E-Man's XR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default E-Man's XR10

After over a week of late-night wrenching, I finally finished my XR10. A HUGE thanks to all the members here who’s ideas and suggestions I poached for this build. Here’s a list of what I used:

Esc – 2x FXR’s
Motors – 2x Tekin 45t machine wounds (going to order some Holmes in a few weeks)
Radio – 4PK (thanks Harley for the awesome how-to articles!)
Battery – Hyperion G3 3s 1100mah 45c
Servo – Hitch 7954SH at 7.4v
Tires – HB Rovers (mounted) with Chisels and Boss Claws in the closet

For those of you running the stock radio box & battery tray, where are you mounting your BEC and switches? I think I found a good place for the BEC on top of the battery tray, but I can’t figure out a good place for the switches. Suggestions?

I hope to have the body painted up later this week J
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

I made a few modifications since the last photos. I added machined lower links and aluminum upper links, Dace servo clamps, replaced the crappy rubber upper shock mount bushings with some of the extra plastic ones in the kit, and finally, threw some paint the body

And here's after I took some Easy-off oven cleaner to the bead-locks and gave them a quick hand-polish with some Mothers:

Next up is to install the aluminum shock caps and spring collars, Losi white springs, and then a little modification to the body posts courtesy of my buddy Scott Hughes. Pics of that to come later
Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking XR. I had the chance to drive Scott's truck at Nats. Can not wait to get one of my own. I love the fact that you can use the AX10 machined links and bent lower links on these trucks.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My bec is inside the box with my rx.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
My bec is inside the box with my rx.
I'd really like to shorten all of the leads and put it inside as well. Only problem is that I'm not too thrilled about having to remove the cover from my 604FS receiver in order to get it all to fit.

What RX are you running and how did you get it all to fit?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'd really like to shorten all of the leads and put it inside as well. Only problem is that I'm not too thrilled about having to remove the cover from my 604FS receiver in order to get it all to fit.

What RX are you running and how did you get it all to fit?
The rx with the new 4pks is much thinner than the old rx. I think it will still fit without removing the cover if you do it like mine. Turn the bec sideways and put it across the backside of the box (towards the rear of the rig), and put the rx flat in the bottom of the box towards the front.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Im Brandon

Hey E-Man, your rig looked good! Thanks for coming out and crawling with us today
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Hey E-Man, your rig looked good! Thanks for coming out and crawling with us today
Brandon,

It was great crawling with you, Scott, and Bender today as well . 'Twas very humbling and I appreciate all of the encouragement.

I consider myself very fortunate to have you guys right down the street from me and that we have such a nice place available for us to practice and run comps at.

See you again real soon!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Hey, E-man are you running any wieght in your tires? If so how much? And nice rig.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepkid View Post
Hey, E-man are you running any wieght in your tires? If so how much? And nice rig.
I'm currently running the stock setup with 2 internal slugs. However, after today's session, I'm going to install all of the internal slugs (I believe 6) and also add 4-6 external Vanquish weights as well. For the location that we were at, my XR10 needed MUCH more weight up front in order to get the traction needed to clear some of the obstacles.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #11
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm currently running the stock setup with 2 internal slugs. However, after today's session, I'm going to install all of the internal slugs (I believe 6) and also add 4-6 external Vanquish weights as well. For the location that we were at, my XR10 needed MUCH more weight up front in order to get the traction needed to clear some of the obstacles.
Try starting with the 6 internal slugs and rings and no VP weights. I'm currently running the internal ring with no internal slugs and all 6 VP weights and that is plenty of weight.

The VP slugs and Axial's internal weight inserts both weigh 0.75oz ea. So you can run either
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Been running the XR10 now a couple time a week for a while and it's been working flawlessly. Made a few recent changes / updates that I wanted to share.

First, new wheels. I went with the new VP DH Comp IIs up front and SLW 4s in the rear. Also added blue anodized VP lockouts and knuckles. All she needs now are blue links and a longer servo arm to take advantage of the extra steering

Old 11-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Wow That XR is looking sweet.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

did you do any bearing mod's 9mm or VP Bushing?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
did you do any bearing mod's 9mm or VP Bushing?
Yup, did the 9mm bearing mod
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
RCC Addict

That body won't be so pretty after Saturday's comp! I'm jealous of the blue Chubs. I got the knuckles in blue but I have the silver in the chubs.
See you Saturday.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
The rx with the new 4pks is much thinner than the old rx. I think it will still fit without removing the cover if you do it like mine. Turn the bec sideways and put it across the backside of the box (towards the rear of the rig), and put the rx flat in the bottom of the box towards the front.

New rx is r614ff
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZXE1&P=ML
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote