Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: guide to xr10 "! NOTE DIRECTION"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default guide to xr10 "! NOTE DIRECTION"

I just received my xr10 in the mail and am lookin forward to my build. While reviewing the manual i found some of the info to be vague (namely the note direction squares) So i call up axial and this is the info i received.
Please note that i am not affiliated with axial im just a guy who had some questions.
Id also like to note that customer service was great and the guys were very helpful
Some of these things are easy to figure out and some, not so much. so i decided just to mention all of them regardless of ease of understanding.

so the note direction points are on the following steps
p. 10 step 7
this is in reference to the front final gear
one side is indented and one is flat. The flat side of the gear is to face the motor side of the axle (which would be the front right wheel side)
*note* the picture in this step is of the axle UPSIDE DOWN

p.10 step 8
this is in reference to the steering plate. The ends of the bar bend in one direction. these bends are to face down on the axle.
*note* the picture in this step is of the axle UPSIDE DOWN

p. 11 step 10
this is believed to be in reference to the c-hubs (which you should have put on the step before)the hubs should angle outward on the bottom of axle
*note* the picture of the axle is now RIGHT SIDE UP

P.11 STEP 11
this is believed to be in reference to steering arm. the steering arm is to be placed on right wheel steering knuckle

p.12 step 12
this is believed to be in reference to the steering knuckles. the knuckles should be put on with the dual arms facing the rear of the axle.

p.13 step 16
this is in reference to the idle gear. There are indents on both side of the gear for the pin to rest in (one is deeper than the other) the guys at axial said that this doesn't really matter which way it goes in they have rigs running both ways with no issues.
*note* i did read in another thread that you should put it in which ever way meshes up to the other gears best.

p.15 step 21
this is in reference to the rear axle final gear. like the front final gear one side is indented and one side is flat. the flat side goes on the gear box side of the axle.(this is the exact opposite of the front axle)
*note* the picture is of the axle UPSIDE DOWN the flat side of the gear will face the right rear wheel.

p.16 step 24
this is believed to be in reference to the picture itself. the axle is UPSIDE DOWN in picture. the more important note on this page would seem to be on step 23 MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT THE REAR AXLE PLATE WITH THE PROPER SCREWS this is what axial believes is behind all of the gear break issues.

p.23 step 37
this is in reference to the chassis plates. make sure counter sinks face out and that the shock mounts are properly placed on the inside of the main plates

well thats it i hope this helps everyone else out there who had issues with the note directions.
captain.roche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I havent been on the Axial site since i heard my rig was on its way(got sick of drooling on my desk longing for it to arrive), but under the blog section there is a complete step by step build which probably answers all these question(not sure havent read it yet) Will read it tonight when i start my build and let ya know how it all turns out.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Got to stock roller in 7 & 1/2 hrs most things were pretty obvious but i figured i save a half hr of head srcatchin by figurin this stuff out before hand. hope its usefull to other people ill post the "finished" product when im done(next week waitin on some parts and new rx) before i hard wire every thing up.