Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: axial replacements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default axial replacements

so i screwed up my gears in my rear axle. i called up axial and emailed them and they said that the replacement gears would be in the mail asap. but it is now over a week later almost two weeks and still no gears. so my question is has anyone else had axial hook u up with new gears and how long did it take to get the new ones in the mail. i understand that they are just giving these to me so i cant be too impatient but still i have a comp sunday and was really relying on these gears to come in now i have to try to figure out where to go in spokane to get some before the comp. so if anyone can tell me how long it took for you to get your gears or where i could go here in spokane WA to get some gears i would really appreciate it.

Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

When i called them they called me back in 2 days. the gears took a week or 2. They will get there, they just never get there as fast as we would like.
oneeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

ya thats true i guess i just get really ancy when i wanna go crawl. but soon enough ill get to go play again.

Brent
Old 10-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

mine took like a week to the day and I'm in tacoma wa. so should be the same for you i would think
moto261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #5

Default replacement gears

I called them at the 800 number and talked to Andrew. He said he would get them in the mail right away. Called back a week later and he said he hadn't sent them yet but would right away. Took 4 more days. Stay on them.
Barry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I've e-mailed them 3 times now and they are still yet to e-mail me back. I'm just going to get the aftermarket gear and VP bearings, that way I know someone will help me. VP has a great product and stands by it.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Guys, Axial is pretty good with their support. But they have had quite a few people calling and emailing them about these gears, on top of trying to do the rest of their regular jobs as well. Axial will take care of you but there is probably just a back log of requests right now.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

ya thats true i just would really have liked to get my truck up and running. well ill sit and wait some more for them to show up.

Brent
Old 10-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

My tranfer gear was f#^ked right out of the package. Defective, so it has sat for 2 or more weeks without the front trans on it. Never ran at all.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I understand where you're coming from Brent. This is just one of those threads that can really explode into something nasty for no reason at all. Axial has had problems with the gears in the XR10. A lot of people had them on pre-order, most people coming on board to them now didn't. So they had the time to read about the problems with the gears and bought the thing anyway. Now they bitch about saying it's a peice of garbage or whatever. They had the option of not buying it and yet they know Axial will take care of them if something does go wrong.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

The gears are not my problem. It is whoever packaged and checked mine. How do you miss two hole in a transfer gear, when there is supposed to be one. Maybe the packager was quiting that day.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

The gears aren't anyone's problems but Axial's. And they are taking care of it. If it's not good enough for you, sell your XR10 and try out a Losi and see how the worm gears hold up? Mine lasted quite a while but there's an issue. Maybe try a Berg and stock up on those 3rd gears and end up having to buy them all yourself because there is no support from the company. Or deal with Axial actually taking care of you, even though you didn't get your parts the next day. Are your parts going to get here any faster by complaining like a little 3 year old on the forums?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Have a LCC in the first batch. Rich got me new cvd the next day. I e-mailed losi and rich e-mailed back, so the way I see it I thought or assumed axial would get back to me by now. Its all good though I dont need to worry about the gears. I'm ordering a different set. I'm good I love axials product regardless if they has a hickup in packaging. It is a beautiful crawler and I just want to drive it.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry G View Post
I called them at the 800 number and talked to Andrew. He said he would get them in the mail right away. Called back a week later and he said he hadn't sent them yet but would right away. Took 4 more days. Stay on them.
Thats the exact same thing that happened with me. Spoke with Andrew. Said he would have them out ASAP. Didnt see anything for a week and a half. Called back and he said he had been out of the office so he would send them out right away. I then saw them in the mail a few days later.

I should have just driven down there. I only live 45min from Axial Racing headquarters.
Froadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Never had a problem with my berg 3rd's and the axles are over 2 years old.
Also the berg has aftermarket support.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froadr View Post
Thats the exact same thing that happened with me. Spoke with Andrew. Said he would have them out ASAP. Didnt see anything for a week and a half. Called back and he said he had been out of the office so he would send them out right away. I then saw them in the mail a few days later.

I should have just driven down there. I only live 45min from Axial Racing headquarters.
Lucky. I wish I was that close. Iwould just drop in and talk to them.