Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Will this setup work?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #1

Default Will this setup work?

I am looking at buying a xr10 and need some help on what to use because it's my first crawler.this is what I have come up with so far.

2x tekin fxr 45t esc combo
Hpi rock grabers
Max amps 1800 3s
Hitec 7950

My other question is because I am getting two esc will my jr racing xs3 radio work ,had a read of the manual and it says it has 0 or inhibit function,ln or linear servo travel,2p 2position servo travel.
If you could help me out it would be a big help.
Jedda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
RCC Addict

The grabbers are on ok tire but they dont hold a candle to Rovers, leapards, sedona's and so on, the "main" comp tires out today. I dont know anything about that radio but I dont think it will get you what you need out of two esc to make it worth having two esc's. You need a stick radio or a futaba 4pl/4pk/3pk....dont quote me lol.
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
You need a stick radio or a futaba 4pl/4pk/3pk....dont quote me lol.
Or a dx3e with the wantAsummit mod Dual ESC Adapter (Proportional + Dig) for DX3R or 3PM-MX

For the budget minded.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Get a 4pl they are $250
Rovers or sedonas for tires. If you are using the stock wheels get the rovers but if you upgrade to a VP .7 wheel run sedonas.
losichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Where do you plan on fitting that monster battery? I have 1050 3s and they are bigger than I wanted. 850mah are what I should have got.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

He could fit that battery if he places his electronics right but Im running 1100 45c 3s and I can get 2 or 3 courses no problem... Bigger isnt better when it comes to comp batterys...
losichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

im runnin sedona in the front, rovers in the rear on narrowed stock wheels. as for the batt. im using 1300 3 cell on the front electronics plate, it rather large so i have to mount it on its side. not good, it raises the c o g. getting 1000, 3 cell much thinner. hope this helps.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
The grabbers are on ok tire but they dont hold a candle to Rovers, leapards, sedona's and so on, the "main" comp tires out today.
Not true. While a lot of the rock that you may run on, Grabbers might now work well. I run Rovers but the majority of the guys in my area run Grabbers. Why? Because they are the best tire for the rock that we run on.

Tires are about 80% of your setup. I'm not saying rush out and get the Grabbers. I'm saying there will be people in your area that have already played around with tires and found what works best in your area. It might just be the Sedona's, Leopards, or Rovers. But it might be the Grabbers. If you know where the locals go, head down and ask some questions. That's typically the best way as you will probably get some 1 on 1 help with this stuff.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Not true. While a lot of the rock that you may run on, Grabbers might now work well. I run Rovers but the majority of the guys in my area run Grabbers. Why? Because they are the best tire for the rock that we run on.

Tires are about 80% of your setup. I'm not saying rush out and get the Grabbers. I'm saying there will be people in your area that have already played around with tires and found what works best in your area. It might just be the Sedona's, Leopards, or Rovers. But it might be the Grabbers. If you know where the locals go, head down and ask some questions. That's typically the best way as you will probably get some 1 on 1 help with this stuff.
That's some of the best advice you can get right there!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I just hate how some people are totally sold on one tire when it may be like going bogging with F1 tires. There are a ton of people on here that have spent a lot of money on tires to find what works. Boss Claws are a great example of that. There's no doubt that the Boss Claw is a great tire but it doesn't work worth a damn where I normally crawl. I have thrown a lot of money into this segment of the hobby trying to find out what works. I can't tell you how much money I have wasted, not spent but wasted, on buying novak ESC's. ProLine Hammers. Plastic rims. Cheap Chinese batteries. Stupid little parts.

That's half the point of this style of board, getting help. But sometimes the best help is found locally. What does your local shop carry? What do most of the guys in the area run? Ask yourself why. The answer you will probably come up with is they run it because it works.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

well i guess we can chock it up to trial and error. someone has to do it to find out the pro's and con's. . if we don't try well never know, right?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #12

Thanks everyone for the replys I will speak to the people in my area and see what the setups are
Jedda is offline   Reply With Quote