Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Vanquish products XR10 knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #1

Default Vanquish products XR10 knuckles

Hello, I just got a xr10 and I have read about the Vanquish products zero ackermann knuckles. I would like a set but I can't find one. I can't even find a product description but I think the product number is VPS02001. Any help finding a set or where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
letsgetrcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Vanquish products XR10 knuckles

The Wraith knuckles are most likely your best choice. The ones with no arms...just holes for mounting arms. You can order them direct off the VP website if you want. The XR knuckles have the long arms on them that will kill your potential steering angle.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Vanquish Products Wraith Steering Knuckle Set (Black/Red) (2) [VPS03200] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #4

Thank you for the quick replies guys and even taking the time to find the part as to give me a link. I just did a quick search and it seems that with your guys suggestion, all I need are the arms since I already have a titanium tie rod. Looks like i'm all set to order my parts.

Last edited by letsgetrcin; 07-02-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #5

Well guys, I got my c-hubs and knuckles installed, and I need the new steering arms and maybe a new drag link. I am looking for a kit that will allow for the most steering possible. I have searched the threads and found several companies.

One that I was interested in was theNordic Crawler Design Kit I e-mailed them asking the length of the tie rod as I was not sure if I could use my existing titanium one or not. I have given it some time and have not received a reply, and now I see that their store is closed.

Some of the other companies that were producing the arms appear to have stopped production.

I also came across This Thread about replacement Vanquish arms, that might or might not work with my existing tie rod but chances are they would not have it in stock.

If anyone could point me to the direction where I can buy a kit that would allow for the best steering at slow speeds that would be great. I would make my own arms but I am not sure about the geometries that would work.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

CW crawlers, for steering arms, best on the market!
ClassiCutCustom for a tie rod
Notch Eight designs(addictedtorc1), for a drag link, maybe even the tie rod as well.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'm real happy with RC Bros extended Zero Ackerman arms on the back, my own Tie link, and the stock VP Zero Ackerman arm for the drag up front with a short drag I made from a long M3 screw and the left over ends from the XR linkages. I had to massage the universals to handle the extra steering angle. I have the servo mounted so the horn is close to the knuckle. It's a killer set up... I have more angle than a Bully2 with these axles.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStorm View Post
I'm real happy with RC Bros extended Zero Ackerman arms on the back, my own Tie link, and the stock VP Zero Ackerman arm for the drag up front with a short drag I made from a long M3 screw and the left over ends from the XR linkages. I had to massage the universals to handle the extra steering angle. I have the servo mounted so the horn is close to the knuckle. It's a killer set up... I have more angle than a Bully2 with these axles.
Would you happen to have pictures of your setup? I am interested in seeing the steering angles, and if it is not too much work could please measure your tie rod for me. I just want to see if my exiting ti tie rod would work with those arms. I really would like to make my existing ti tie rod work with some new arms rather than also buying a new tie rod if at all possible.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

URL=https://imageshack.com/i/muvap6mj][/URL]

Without taking it off just using a ruler and getting as close as I can looks like 178mm...plus or minus 2mm
Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStorm View Post
URL=https://imageshack.com/i/muvap6mj][/URL]

Without taking it off just using a ruler and getting as close as I can looks like 178mm...plus or minus 2mm
Perfect, Thank you for the pictures. It is much appreciated. That looks like an awesome setup. It seems that I will be short give or take around 10mm. Hopefully I can find longer rod ends and make my existing tie rod work. Is that a hitec 7980 or 7950? (seems like those two are the popular ones, and I am thinking of getting the 7980) I currently have a axial as-e which wont steer properly. What servo do you suggest?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

If money is not an issue bigger is better. The 7980 might be the last servo you ever buy. Won't get as hot as a 7950. I run a 7950TH.

Vanquish products XR10 knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Products Steering Knuckles in stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 17 04-27-2009 08:29 PM