Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: which brood motor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default which brood motor?

hey guys,
wanted to pick up some brood motors becuase i have heard really good things about them but i am not sure which to get becuase i could spend all day looking on there site and still not know what to get.
thanks,
ty
pastrana#199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have some two magnet big wire 35t's and I really like them!
Pretty sure they are call apocalypse hht

I like two mag motors because they have a stronger drag brake...I have run 4 mag can before and did not like them as much...but the 4 mag start up really nice...

Last edited by 53 willys; 06-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrana#199 View Post
hey guys,
wanted to pick up some brood motors becuase i have heard really good things about them but i am not sure which to get becuase i could spend all day looking on there site and still not know what to get.
thanks,
ty
It all depends what you like. And what you want. I personally like my 45 turn Creep HHK-R/T's. The apocalypse i hear work well too.
bmangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I like the Creep R/t 4mag can. 53 is right super smooth, so smooth the drag brake isent as strong. I set a little tighter mesh and they seem to hold much better.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I know I know.....I am still working on the site to make it more informative.....I thought I did pretty good on the current descriptions...

First, decide if you want 4 magnets (creep) or 2 magnets (apocalypse)....4 magnets will give you better lowspeed and more overall power, with a little less drag brake, while two magnets will give more torque and better drag brake. Once you got that figured out, the different Types are all about powerband.........you can fine tune the RPM, Torque, and overall HP with the different style arms....in each description you can read how the type is different and what it does.

Most go with a 45t in the xr10.......the 4 magnets being the most popular, especially now that I have them back in stock....if you are willing to pump the extra money for the HHK arms, those are the ones to get.....I like the 45t HHK-R a lot...

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default Recommendations

Hey Eddie,

which turn and motor do you recommend for a berg? 5lbs rig, looking for very good response low end with great wheel speed on 3s lipo, not to worried about drag brake.....Looks to be the (Creep) but not sure as to which one you might recommend

Last edited by khwilliams; 06-01-2011 at 06:22 PM.
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

If cost is not an issue, Creep 35t HHK-R/T...

Later EddieO
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
If cost is not an issue, Creep 35t HHK-R/T...

Later EddieO
thank you sir......Cost is always an issue, but for great motors I will Pony Up
khwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

If only every crawler guy thought like you.....it would be handwound mania....

Later EddieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by khwilliams View Post
thank you sir......Cost is always an issue, but for great motors I will Pony Up
Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

ok well i am still undecided but thats ok. really appreciate your response though! its nice to see manufactures in the community supporting.
pastrana#199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I just got 2 Apocalypse 35t HHK-R/T in the mail today... Shipping was pretty quick across the border too.
eisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I know I know.....I am still working on the site to make it more informative.....I thought I did pretty good on the current descriptions...

First, decide if you want 4 magnets (creep) or 2 magnets (apocalypse)....4 magnets will give you better lowspeed and more overall power, with a little less drag brake, while two magnets will give more torque and better drag brake. Once you got that figured out, the different Types are all about powerband.........you can fine tune the RPM, Torque, and overall HP with the different style arms....in each description you can read how the type is different and what it does.

Most go with a 45t in the xr10.......the 4 magnets being the most popular, especially now that I have them back in stock....if you are willing to pump the extra money for the HHK arms, those are the ones to get.....I like the 45t HHK-R a lot...

Later EddieO
I found your site had so many choices that it hurt my brain trying to figure out the differences, although what you just posted made things easy to understand. Even a simple tech note with the above info would be helpful.

When you revamp your website, I think a drop down menu that would let you "create your ideal motor" would be awesome.

First drop box could be "2 or 4 maagnet cans", second could be "motor wind count", third could be "comm size" etc. Then the end result would show what available motors fit the customers specifications.

Just a thought.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

The type S is a good choice as well. The skewed arms are super smooth and still peppy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrana#199 View Post
hey guys,
thanks,
ty
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

The S is a great choice, but I don't got any yet! The shipment is supposed to come in the next couple of weeks.....

I think I did a pretty good job in the descriptions on the motors.....if you look at them, you can see where I tell the difference between a T and R in the descriptions.

I am working hard on a faq, but its coming along slower than I hoped.......I dunno how to intergrate it into the site effectively either.....suggestions?

I am buying a nice camera to do product shots here shortly, so everything should look pretty spiffy soon.....I did put a hot chick up on the site? We are trying to get our friend meagan to pose in a brood shirt for us....she is pretty damn hot

As for the build a motor thing, I dunno if Oscommerce can do that......I am still very novice at using it and I doubt I could get my web guy to help do something like that..........he is a lazy bastard. I am still waiting to get the product attributes sortable so i can add the options to each motor like epoxy balancing, ceramic bearings, team springs, etc....problem is I cannot sort them and there is no mod for it yet.......so it always tries to default add the option....

Later EddieO

Last edited by EddieO; 06-02-2011 at 06:57 PM.