Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: 2X FXR drag brake question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #1

Default 2X FXR drag brake question

As stated in subject, I am running 2 FXR esc's. My question is, what drag brake settings are you guys using? I started with 2-front, 4-rear, but that is more like an anchor than a drag brake. I know it changes with the course/terrain, but I am looking for a good "general" setting: I don't do comps, and with my setup it is a MAJOR LEAGUE pain in the ass to reprogram the front esc, so I want to make sure I get it right the first (2nd?) time.

Was thinking about going disabled (0) front and maybe 1-2 rear? Any/all input by those who know more that me (which is everyone) is appreciated!
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Anchor huh? I wish mine was like that. Mine are set at 100% both ends and mine still rolls more than I think it should.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Personally, I run with as much drag brake as I can get and use throttle control to allow it to roll when needed. On downhills or when slowing down, down use the throttle as an on/off switch. Learn to slowly let off or even stay on the throttle just a little bit. With practice, you can learn to make the truck to exatly what you want.

However, you can't just magically get more drag brake when you're on course and need the truck to hold.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #4

I'm running a pair of the cheaper venom 50t motors so I run 65% in the front and 100% in the rear. With that set up if I just let go of the throttle the rear completely locks up. Like eviltwin said though, the more the better with some good throttle control

Not sure exactly what that is without using a hotwire to program it either sorry.
mitrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #5

Same with me... Venom Fireball 50T motors for now. I never thought about the motor effecting the drag brake, but I guess that makes sense. It also makes sense that you want the drag brake strong: it's easier to control downhill roll with throttle than to have to deal with the brake. Should have thought it out
salty is offline   Reply With Quote