Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: VP Knuckle Weights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default VP Knuckle Weights

Hey All,

I am getting ready to start a new build for the 2012 season and want to switch to the VP knuckle weights and am wondering if anyone knows if they will work with the Mayhen Eng Evolution Wheels?
Been running the wheels now for most of this year and love them,,,not really wanting to change. They do come with different hubs and have many configurations, just figured I would ask before I ordered the VP stuff!! Thought maybe someone was running this wheel with the VP knuckle weights. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
The chassis I have ordered and am going to try is the BWD Mantis, been reading the many build threads and have gotten a wealth of info,,,,thanks for that!!!!

Thanks

Mike
mgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I am pretty sure they will work with those wheels, just not sure how many rings you would be able to add on to the base weight. If you take some measurements of the distance between your knuckle and wheel, the guys at VP would be able to help you on how many rings you can add.
dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hey Dabbill,,,,thanks for the reply!! I will do that,,,appreciate the feedback!!

Mike
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
RCC Addict

There is a guy on here that ran knuckle weights with his Evo wheels. It's in the XR thread somewhere but he had to grind the hub some to fit inside the rings so they would not rub. Basically just clearance the outside of the hub til it clears.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Hey DRCrawlGood, I just got done going threw all the threads in the vender section for the wheel,,,,boy,,,,a lot of reading. Most were about the dlux wheel weight system, not sure if that is the same specs as the VP weights or not but your right, I saw the thread where someone ground down the hub to fit.
Then I think it looks like he updated his hubs to fit the wheel weights, so I will take a look at my hubs tonight when I get home, with any luck my hubs are the updated hub!!
This has been a pain staking process, and VP doesn't even have the weights in stock, so I have time!!

Thanks again for the help guys!!

Mike
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I run Mayhem Evo's and vp knuckle weights on my berg. Let me know if you have any questions. I've attached a diagram the shows the difference in between the old and new hubs.
Attached Images

helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I ran the VP weights on my XR with Mayhem Evos. Had to mod the hub a little but he has since came out with new hubs.

jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hey, Thanks for the pics,,,,,I did check my hubs I got and it appears I have the new design so I should be good to go !!!!

Appreciate it!!!

Mike