Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: What's the best bodyless chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #1

Default What's the best bodyless chassis?

We all know everyone has there own opinions...... What dose everyone think of the Mantis chassis?
Any opinions on any other one?
Thanks
Sebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Almost all chassis can be made to work well. Patients and tuning required. The mantis looks great, and I'm sure works great too, but being a torsion design, will require more of the patients and tuning then some people have the ability to give.

In my opinion popular chassis stay popular because as more people use the same chassis it becomes easier for others to have a good performing starting point. Look how many bj chassis there are build threads for. A wealth of info for a starting point that works is what keeps it popular. I dont feel that there is 1 chassis that is superior to another. Almost all can work great. It just takes time.

Choose which one you like best and go from there. For your rig the only opinion that matters is your own.
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have a Mantis chassis and love it! It's actually surprisingly easy to tune and there are plenty of threads on hear to glean from. Pretty much any of the popular chassis out there (BJV4, chaotic special, and UGC viper to name a few will all treat you very well.

I'm personally a BWD fan, but all of those choices are excellent.
MitchellY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I dont believe the word "best" is relative to this topic. They all work well and it really comes down to driver. There is simply no clear cut best chassis.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

its all personal preference. Even down to the paint job. No matter what, there will be no better paint job nor chassis that will help you crawl better..

Well, that is, if you put RCCrawler.com on it

Anyways, its really how well you can already drive. How well you know how to tune. etc..

Just remember this, a person with hours of experience will always beat a person who has spent thousands, but hasn't had a few minutes to crawl.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
its all personal preference. Even down to the paint job. No matter what, there will be no better paint job nor chassis that will help you crawl better..

Well, that is, if you put RCCrawler.com on it

Anyways, its really how well you can already drive. How well you know how to tune. etc..

Just remember this, a person with hours of experience will always beat a person who has spent thousands, but hasn't had a few minutes to crawl.
Wow the last sentence is so true. I've got a crawler or two and my personal favorite is the freedom chassis. Key word of personal. I've crawled a lot of chassis to say the least and am no expert. I don't think anybody is an expert. We can only relate our personal experiences. I've seen a stock night crawler beat the stuffing out of a bwd chassis. To an extent it's about familiarity with your rig and hours spent "behind the wheel". Quite a bit is dependent on YOUR abilities and being able to visualize a line. Practice practice practice! Within reason you can do well with just about anything out there. It's all up to you...
knobbytrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I ran a BJ4 for most of last year and it worked well for me.

I have since switched to the Chaotic Crawlers Special Bodiless chassis and it's working fantastic.
Great group of guys to deal with and the products work really well. Special Bodiless

You have to be comfortable with the looks first, then tune it to your driving style.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
I ran a BJ4 for most of last year and it worked well for me.

I have since switched to the Chaotic Crawlers Special Bodiless chassis and it's working fantastic.
Great group of guys to deal with and the products work really well. Special Bodiless

You have to be comfortable with the looks first, then tune it to your driving style.
For the love of Baby Jesus Chris...you're correctamundo. Any decent driver can make a decent chassis work & I believe all of the current bodyless setups are pretty damn decent.

Chaotic has killer customer service & the chassis just works.

I've
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
RCC Addict

This is all great info. I would give a nod to the T1E stuff as I have used and seen it perform very well. Make sure you contact them prior to purchase because he got back logged and could not keep up with sales.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

T1E Rockshow SS I have had a few of the others and this chassis just flat out performed all of them (for me). I beileve the ordering situation of them has been straightened out also. You can't go wrong with this chassis

The 2011 T1E Rockshow SS
RCROCIN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

BJV4, in my opinion looks the best, but no chassis will do anyone any good without proper tuning and lots of practice.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

i dont think you can go wrong with any of the top choices...i like the chassis with the shortest skid. hole position seams to be pretty similar on most of the top body less chassis but ive seen the longer skid trucks get hung up on a lot of breakovers where my t1e knock off goes right up. overall, i think they all work pretty similarly tho
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Stock XR10 Chassis works really well

Personally i would spend money else where before replacing the chassis, unless your really set on going bodyless.
dabbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARSCIENCE View Post
i dont think you can go wrong with any of the top choices...i like the chassis with the shortest skid. hole position seams to be pretty similar on most of the top body less chassis but ive seen the longer skid trucks get hung up on a lot of breakovers where my t1e knock off goes right up. overall, i think they all work pretty similarly tho
I have to agree with the skinny skid...
knobbytrav is offline   Reply With Quote