RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/354936-krawls-secret-agent-turned-double-agent.html)

jlsandkes 12-21-2011 01:19 PM

Re: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT"

Any chance that you will be making suspension links for this chassis? If not, will you be partnering with any of the other venders here to make them available? I am pretty sure I would f-up a ton of titanium trying to make them myself.

4xFord 12-21-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460291)
Like Krawl said not going to step on anybody's toes with these, if I need some I will make them but do not want to start anything. I am sure if VP themselves do not do something with these someone around here will.

Looks like two pieces of 1/16" delrin stacked to make a 1/8" spacer. Al would be nice. "thumbsup"

TC09mini 12-21-2011 02:28 PM

Spacers look good! Looking forward to seeing your servo mount, unless it really is only for scrap . . . Do it . . . you know you want to.

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlsandkes (Post 3460356)
Any chance that you will be making suspension links for this chassis? If not, will you be partnering with any of the other venders here to make them available? I am pretty sure I would f-up a ton of titanium trying to make them myself.

i am working on something with a "Very Productive" company here on a few things!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 3460363)
Looks like two pieces of 1/16" delrin stacked to make a 1/8" spacer. Al would be nice. "thumbsup"

correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC09mini (Post 3460473)
Spacers look good! Looking forward to seeing your servo mount, unless it really is only for scrap . . . Do it . . . you know you want to.

....it really is scrap:mrgreen:

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 03:48 PM

nice upper links angles at 3.25"

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t/IMAG1006.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t/IMAG1007.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t/IMAG1008.jpg

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 04:09 PM

Rear uppers don't hit the rear body mount when compressed?
What do you think about moving the 2 center cross braces down to where the upper links mount to the chassis for strength?

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460654)
Rear uppers don't hit the rear body mount when compressed?
What do you think about moving the 2 center cross braces down to where the upper links mount to the chassis for strength?

they will touch at the very end of the downward travel but that is not a concern... there is enough travel for driving and articulation without getting close.

if it was an issue for you a slight rotation of the bent upper links would eliminate it"thumbsup"

you could move them to the upper link mounts but i dont think it would add any more rigidity than it has now.

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3460678)
they will touch at the very end of the downward travel but that is not a concern... there is enough travel for driving and articulation without getting close.

if it was an issue for you a slight rotation of the bent upper links would eliminate it"thumbsup"

you could move them to the upper link mounts but i dont think it would add any more rigidity than it has now.

Cool, I was'nt really concerned with the chassis rigidity as much as the material around the link hole, not saying it's an issue just curious that's all.
I got mine today thanks a million! "thumbsup"

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460684)
Cool, I was'nt really concerned with the chassis rigidity as much as the material around the link hole, not saying it's an issue just curious that's all.
I got mine today thanks a million! "thumbsup"

cool.

there have been no issues with any of the carbon fiber chassis as far as the holes. that goes for the mini,2.2,and the supers.

originally all the holes wer slightly undersized but i have opened up the tolerances to be a little easier to build"thumbsup"

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3460698)
cool.

there have been no issues with any of the carbon fiber chassis as far as the holes. that goes for the mini,2.2,and the supers.

originally all the holes wer slightly undersized but i have opened up the tolerances to be a little easier to build"thumbsup"

Good to know. I never had any issues with my 4.2, but I ran cross braces at all the links and shocks.

Now go ahead and tell us about the foams and slw weights. :mrgreen:

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460708)
Good to know. I never had any issues with my 4.2, but I ran cross braces at all the links and shocks.

Now go ahead and tell us about the foams and slw weights. :mrgreen:

there are the 3 braces in the middle, and the other two run between your shocks.

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3460726)
there are the 3 braces in the middle, and the other two run between your shocks.

I will probably run XR body mounts between the shocks like you did, move the 2 center ones down to the links to lower COG :mrgreen:, and leave the fifth one out unless it feels needed.

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460736)
I will probably run XR body mounts between the shocks like you did, move the 2 center ones down to the links to lower COG :mrgreen:, and leave the fifth one out unless it feels needed.

the one in the rear before the shocks is needed..

you guys are killin me with the cog crap
you are gonna move a gram down 1/4 inch?:lmao:

just f'in with ya! make sure you have at least (5) spans across the chassis"thumbsup"

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3460750)
the one in the rear before the shocks is needed..

you guys are killin me with the cog crap
you are gonna move a gram down 1/4 inch?:lmao:

just f'in with ya! make sure you have at least (5) spans across the chassis"thumbsup"

Yeah I was kidding about the cog stuff, hence the :mrgreen:.
I will put them all in, are you using alum hardware anywhere?
Are you having good luck with the XR body mounts? I noticed they will have to be cut down a bit to be the same length as the other braces. I got the Gunnar posts for the XR mounts because I hate losing body pins.

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3460777)
Yeah I was kidding about the cog stuff, hence the :mrgreen:.
I will put them all in, are you using alum hardware anywhere?
Are you having good luck with the XR body mounts? I noticed they will have to be cut down a bit to be the same length as the other braces. I got the Gunnar posts for the XR mounts because I hate losing body pins.

everything in the chassis is aluminum.

the xr mounts need a slight trim to fit.

ROWDY RACING 12-21-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3460782)
everything in the chassis is aluminum.

the xr mounts need a slight trim to fit.

Cool, I put alum hardware in my BJ, but not any of the load bearing spots like links and shocks for fear of bending or breaking, may give it a go this time.

Harvo 12-21-2011 06:54 PM

I know you have always said you care more about where the weight is on a rig than what the rig weighs. It's good to see you haven't turned this into a "weight weenie" build.

Your videos prove that a (near) 6lb truck can still outperform most. "thumbsup" Nicely done.

krawlfreak 12-21-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 3461019)
I know you have always said you care more about where the weight is on a rig than what the rig weighs. It's good to see you haven't turned this into a "weight weenie" build.

Your videos prove that a (near) 6lb truck can still outperform most. "thumbsup" Nicely done.

Thanks harvo.

The truck is 5 lbs 11oz with my slw setup rtr with a 900 battery.

I could very easily drop the truck down to 5 lb range but I just can't bring myself to do it.

The fact is every light setup has had the same issue for me...

They are very finiky in situations where they shouldn't be.
They make some of the easier lines for a "heavy" truck very time consuming
And they have yet to undoubtedly prove they can out perform a heavier truck in more than
Just one very specific instance that will most likely never be in a comp. And if you think there are more than one you need a better driver.:lmao:

We spend all this time and money to build/buy the most indestructible parts we can and then are afraid of a little weight. (usually less than half a pound)

It just doesn't make sence to me.

Kratos 12-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3461149)
Thanks harvo.

The truck is 5 lbs 7 oz with my slw setup rtr with a 900 battery.

I could very easily drop the truck down to 5 lb range but I just can't bring myself to do it.

The fact is every light setup has had the same issue for me...

They are very finiky in situations where they shouldn't be.
They make some of the easier lines for a "heavy" truck very time consuming
And they have yet to undoubtedly prove they can out perform a heavier truck in more than
Just one very specific instance that will most likely never be in a comp. And if you think there are more than one you need a better driver.:lmao:

We spend all this time and money to build/buy the most indestructible parts we can and then are afraid of a little weight. (usually less than half a pound)

It just doesn't make sence to me.

Wow!!"thumbsup""thumbsup" i agree 110%. very well put

slowride1 12-21-2011 08:18 PM

lol i have always said to myself an both the berg an my xr that i have liked them best at rite a 6 pounds . just seems to be a good number for crawling to me