RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial XR10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/)
-   -   Krawl's "SECRET AGENT" turned "DOUBLE AGENT" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-xr10/354936-krawls-secret-agent-turned-double-agent.html)

ROWDY RACING 12-29-2011 03:32 PM

Re: Krawl's "SECRET AGENT"

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3473169)
It's not a new theory by any means.... But actually getting it accomplished and within a tenth of an ounce per corner difference, left to right, has made it feel really balanced.

Is that rtr with a battery? Did you have to add or subtract weight at any corner to achieve this, if so where and how much?

krawlfreak 12-29-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 3474757)
Is that rtr with a battery? Did you have to add or subtract weight at any corner to achieve this, if so where and how much?

Yes rtr with the battery.

The xr is incredibly balanced already. Paying good attention to individual wheel and tire weights is key.

Hope that answered it...

stubs179 12-29-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3475583)
Yes rtr with the battery.

The xr is incredibly balanced already. Paying good attention to individual wheel and tire weights is key.

Hope that answered it...

This is the main reason i run the batt on the axle. I have gone back and forth with the batt in the chassis and on the axle. With the batt on one side and the servo on the other it seems to balance out the front axle really well.

krawlfreak 12-29-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3475588)
This is the main reason i run the batt on the axle. I have gone back and forth with the batt in the chassis and on the axle. With the batt on one side and the servo on the other it seems to balance out the front axle really well.

This is a large part of it.."thumbsup"

stubs179 12-30-2011 09:06 PM

Have you noticed with this chassis if you need more or less front weight bias than a 50/50 chassis?

krawlfreak 12-30-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3477204)
Have you noticed with this chassis if you need more or less front weight bias than a 50/50 chassis?

I have always run this forward bias/link setup so I haven't noticed it.

Coming from a 50/50 chassis I would say yes. The rear has more leverage and the front will react faster.
I think since I filmed the videos the best improvement has been spacing the upper link up. It settled it down a bit especially at the 3.25/3.5 belly.

I will have to double check but, if I remember correctly, I am in the 20-24 oz difference F/r

Harvo 12-30-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3477260)

Coming from a 50/50 chassis I would say yes. The rear has more leverage and the front will react faster.
I think since I filmed the videos the best improvement has been spacing the upper link up. It settled it down a bit especially at the 3.25/3.5 belly.

I will have to double check but, if I remember correctly, I am in the 20-24 oz difference F/r

It settled what down a bit? I have been having allot of fun (since getting the rear VP mount) trying the different link positions and seeing how much of a difference each change makes. Is your really light back half why so much seperation of the links at the axle works?

krawlfreak 12-30-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 3477329)
It settled what down a bit? I have been having allot of fun (since getting the rear VP mount) trying the different link positions and seeing how much of a difference each change makes. Is your really light back half why so much seperation of the links at the axle works?

With the upper links being level the truck feels more neutral and doesn't lift and squat the chassis as much.

Also remember that I have always run the rear lower links at the shock mount in the rear...not at the standard mount so the separation is not what you think...probably the same as yours but level uppers at a really high belly.

stubs179 12-30-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3477260)

:lmao: I read this and was thinking, "Crap, that is a lot of weight bias." So i weighed mine and i am 18 oz heavier in the front.

Do you sell those springs yet?

krawlfreak 12-30-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3477366)
:lmao: I read this and was thinking, "Crap, that is a lot of weight bias." So i weighed mine and i am 18 oz heavier in the front.

Do you sell those springs yet?

It's only a lot if you are on the "project runway anorexia squad"

What springs?

stubs179 12-30-2011 11:18 PM

The springs you are running? I thought i read somewhere that you might start selling them? Aren't they softer than losi golds and axial blacks. With the shocks shortened i think i need shorter springs as the losi and axial springs have to much preload and i have the collars all of the way up.

krawlfreak 12-30-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 3477385)
The springs you are running? I thought i read somewhere that you might start selling them? Aren't they softer than losi golds and axial blacks. With the shocks shortened i think i need shorter springs as the losi and axial springs have to much preload and i have the collars all of the way up.

I don't sell them but the rockforce springs are soft and come in a shorter and longer lenghth...64mm and 76mm, I think
Maybe one of the guys will chime in with a part number for you.

Almighty Malach 12-31-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 3477329)

I've noticed a lot of XR's like to lift tires in off camber situations with less seperation of the links. Trying to dig uphill would cause the outside tire to bite hard, lift the inside tire and flip the car over. Ledges were the same, hook with one tire and the whole axle would overpower the servo and twist up throwing you off the line. Going to the VP link towers all but eliminated these traits on my V4, but the higher belly clearance of Secret Agent needs more link seperation for the same effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3477373)
It's only a lot if you are on the "project runway anorexia squad"

:lmao: Light cars do some amazing things, but heavy cars are easier to drive in comp senarios.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawlfreak (Post 3477391)
I don't sell them but the rockforce springs are soft and come in a shorter and longer lenghth...64mm and 76mm, I think
Maybe one of the guys will chime in with a part number for you.

The rock force springs are .9lb/in or 1.0lb/in, I can't remember. They are a few mm larger diameter than Losi or Axial springs, so some spring cups may not hold them.

76mm springs- Kyosho Shock Spring (16:1.0/L=76) (2) [KYORF014-1610] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

64mm springs- Kyosho Shock Spring (12-1.0/L=64) (2) [KYORF013-1210] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

krawlfreak 12-31-2011 02:14 PM

Thanks Casey

stubs179 12-31-2011 04:17 PM

Thanks

Do you guys have any experience with these?
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-li...10-p-3784.html

CODYBOY 12-31-2011 09:19 PM

I really like what you have here with this chassie, what was the starting length of your links?

Almighty Malach 12-31-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 3478819)
I really like what you have here with this chassie, what was the starting length of your links?

Page 1, Post #3"thumbsup"

undivided 01-01-2012 04:12 AM

has anyone tried putting the bj4 cab on one yet?

CODYBOY 01-01-2012 09:44 AM

Thanks Almighty Malach, but the way I read the post the measurements given are for the links after they are bent. Does anyone else read it that way? Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to order one of these.

newbe5.9 01-08-2012 01:07 AM

got mine last week and ran it friday at the local comp "Teds Garage" and it ran great first round.Was a little soft so changed springs second round was a perfect run. A lot of fun , thanks for the all the chassis