Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Width at front upper shock mount stock chassis. Okay to go 45mm instead of 35mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Width at front upper shock mount stock chassis. Okay to go 45mm instead of 35mm?

Hey,

Figured it's still early enough that I might be able to catch some folks awake and on here.

On the front upper shock mount of the XR stock chassis...stock width up there uses a 35 mm wide piece of alum tube, rear is 45 mm tube. I've left the widths alone since I put it together back when it first came out, but was curious if anyone knows if it would screw up the triangulation angles if I bumped the front to a 45 mm tube to match the distance between upper rear shock mounts.

Doing so would move the top of the shocks outside the angle of the lowers a bit and I'm uncertain if that would create an issue.

Thanks.
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Width at front upper shock mount stock chassis. Okay to go 45mm instead of 35mm?

Did that to mine from day 1. If you use the stock body mount there are some spacers you can use but they just need top be trimmed a little
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Width at front upper shock mount stock chassis. Okay to go 45mm instead of 35mm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiking1 View Post
Did that to mine from day 1. If you use the stock body mount there are some spacers you can use but they just need top be trimmed a little
Man, you're quick. I just found where you mentioned this on another posting. Sent you a PM.

Thanks for chiming in.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiking1 View Post
I'm glad you mentioned the spacers. I have that ziploc bag out in the garage with all that extra stuff I completely forgot about a few minutes after I finished putting my XR together. Have never needed any of it, stuck it in a box of parts and forgot about it.

Thanks.

Width at front upper shock mount stock chassis. Okay to go 45mm instead of 35mm? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VP Front Upper Link Mount Greatscott Axial XR10 25 11-27-2011 08:40 PM
Upper Shock Mount ? rctoyguy Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 06-25-2009 05:37 PM
Lower shock mount width? LAV25 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 02-05-2009 05:58 PM
front shock mounting on stock chassis lohocla General Crawlers 13 01-21-2007 11:55 AM