Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: xr 10 new guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #1

Default xr 10 new guy

So i have messed around with my creeper and still no a huge fan of the design, but still going to keep it. Just ordered a xr 10
bansheetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: xr 10 new guy

Good Troy !

Take time to read Harley's guide and make the proper investments according to your money to get you going durable and stylish !!! But, as anyone in here, u should rapidly suffer the XR's bite...
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #3

I have been reading up on everone builds the only part i am still a bit fuzzy on is the esc part. A friend we crawl with has a m2 dig and seems to work well,but in reading alot of people dislike that product.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

It all depends on what your final goal will be for your crawling. If at any point you want to comp most people will tell you they hate it. In my opinion it limits your growth. The m2 dig will function and you'll be happy with it, but if you ever wanted to upgrade to 4ch and run two ESCs making variable power ratios front to rear you have already purchased some thing that cannot expand. At that point you would have to buy two brand new ESCs. The way Ive seen people set up for future growth is purchase 1 esc and a punk dig then expand to two escs and a 4ch radio. Thats the way I look at it, but its your rig and your money.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #5

Thank you i am going to look at all opinions. I am not getting in a hurry to build this one. Where can i find info on that punk dig system
Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Hit up the sticky.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
It all depends on what your final goal will be for your crawling. If at any point you want to comp most people will tell you they hate it. In my opinion it limits your growth. The m2 dig will function and you'll be happy with it, but if you ever wanted to upgrade to 4ch and run two ESCs making variable power ratios front to rear you have already purchased some thing that cannot expand. At that point you would have to buy two brand new ESCs. The way Ive seen people set up for future growth is purchase 1 esc and a punk dig then expand to two escs and a 4ch radio. Thats the way I look at it, but its your rig and your money.
That's how I have started out with mine. FXR with a punk dig. It works well this way and if I decide to go dual esc's in the future I just have to add another FXR. There is a ton of info on here that will help out. The biggest thing to take note is when assembling the rig. Make sure the screws in the axles are the EXACT length the manual calls for otherwise you have gear trouble right away. The 9mm bearing mod in the motor plates and bushings are a good start also before you even put anything together. You can find all of that info on the forums.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #8

The build starts wedsday. I think i am going to start with a castle sidwinder and a punk dig.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #9

The xr showed up today ,going slowly start putting it together.I am still trying to decide what to change out as i build it
Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Build it and run stock for a while, You'll find plenty to upgrade as you go along. My first upgrade was an alum clamping servo horn, then high clearance 30* lower links.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #11

I am waiting on mine too. I hear that its not a recommended kit for beginners.
redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I am waiting on mine too. I hear that its not a recommended kit for beginners.
It's not that hard to build, if you know how to read then you know how to build it, and Harley has some great info on here as well. Just make sure the right screws go in the correct spots and you will be good to go.
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote

xr 10 new guy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM
New guy ejsflyinlow Newbie General 4 01-06-2010 06:00 AM
new guy just saying hello mr.freeze Chit Chat 2 10-26-2009 09:34 AM
new guy fukdkrawlr Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 12-13-2008 11:14 AM