Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Punk dig 3d

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Cool Punk dig 3d

Hi I have a XR10 I am building. It has a punk dig unit, AE-2 ESC, and integy Team Matrix 55 turn motors. I have 12ga deans wire from the ESC to the dig unit, and 12ga wire for the Dig unit to the motors(direct solder to the motors). The problem I am having is when I get in a bind one of the motors will keep running and the other will just quit running. I have no idea what is going on. I have thought maybe the AE-2 does not have enough amps to supply two motors when bound up. But I am just guessing at this point. If any one can shed some light on this I would be grateful.
Justynkace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Punk dig 3d

Do you have a BEC?

Clickety click here
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
Do you have a BEC?

Clickety click here
Yea I am running a 5a 6 volt bec. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Justynkace; 04-19-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Justynkace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Fifth dimension

Looking forward to everyone's input here. I'm on the verg of leaving my m2dig and using a punk 3d that's been collecting dust. Don't want to spend an arm and leg switching 3 trucks over to dual esc's and a new radio just yet.
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

It sounds like clodstall. Does it ever do it on an incline?
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The quick solution, ditch the punk dig....things are junk and cause more problems than they attempt to solve.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawllife View Post
Looking forward to everyone's input here. I'm on the verge of leaving my m2dig and using a punk 3d that's been collecting dust. Don't want to spend an arm and leg switching 3 trucks over to dual ESC's and a new radio just yet.
Hello, did you chat with Dez about his M2 dig set-up? He likes it, I never did get it to do what I wanted though......could be driver error though....

PS, the M2 should end up being better than a punk dig/servo dig. I was a lot happier with dual ESC's over a servo dig. The WantAmix can make some 3 channel radios run dual ESC with front/rear dig & proportional.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
Fifth dimension

Hey Charlie! I did. I'm still having some odd issues. Then I put it in the bench and its fine. It's been a long week! I'm going to run it this week and on Saturday. I think I'll ask dez to run through the one touch set up with me. Make sure I'm not botching it up. I like the controle your set up has. Maybe in the up coming weeks we can get together to work on mine? You driving this coming Saturday?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I use a Heyoke dig in my Switch chassis, and it works flawlessly. And it is much smaller than a Punk!
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Charlie! I did. I'm still having some odd issues. Then I put it in the bench and its fine. It's been a long week! I'm going to run it this week and on Saturday. I think I'll ask Dez to run through the one touch set up with me. Make sure I'm not botching it up. I like the control your set up has. Maybe in the up coming weeks we can get together to work on mine? You driving this coming Saturday?
Maybe check your motors, you may have a hung/worn brush?? Also check solder connections to make sure they are good.

As to Rausch next weekend, I don't know. It's a great site, but a bit of a hike for a non-GSRCRC comp.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Fifth dimension

Well I hope to see you Charlie! On the heyok box, I have one with an fxr and bec. I'm goin to try that before the punk.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I hope to see you Charlie! On the HeyOK box, I have one with an FX-R and BEC. I'm going to try that before the punk.
I think overall, the HeyOK box will be better than the punkdig.
1-I believe (based on posts here, not personal use) it will work better.
2-The support WILL be better.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I have a punk dig and havent had any problems at all with it in several years of use. Obviously dual escs is the best setup but I havent really found anything a dual esc truck can pull that my 3 channel setup wont so alot of it is being used to the clodstall and using it to your advantage.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
Fifth dimension

It's going to be the m2 this Saturday. I have a couple other rigs that I'd like to hook up the punk to 1 and the heyok box to the other. This way, without bias, I can give real feed back on this topic. While dual esc's offer the most control ( from what a majority of the guys say ), I'd be looking at 6 esc's and a new radio for it to be universal for me and my builds. I normally don't have any negative comments to say, however the punk costumer service WILL NOT BE THERE. I waited 5 months for it to get here.

Tags
ae-2, axial, integy, punk dig, xr10