Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Axial XR10 a.k.a Charon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #1

Default Axial XR10 a.k.a Charon

Hello everyone! Finally I work out topic my 2.2 Pro "Charon".
My english is not the best, but I'm trying...

Technical Information:
Axles: Axial XR-10
Chassis: RCP Progress II
Links: Titanium
Motors: Team Brood Creep 35T
ESCs: Tekin FXR
Bec: Castle Creations 10A
Servo: Savöx SA-1283SG 30kg/0.13
Batteries: DualSky 3S 550mAh 45/90C
Tires: LaaLaa Skinny Rovers
Rims: Nordic Crawler Design Three Piece Carbon Specials 0.8"
Foams: LaaLaa Skinny Rover Specials
Shocks: Traxxas Big Bore
Springs: Team Losi Mini-T Pink
Radios: Futaba 4PL

-------
-------

Last edited by Hadesbear; 09-01-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Hadesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #2

Default Re: Axial XR10 a.k.a Charon

So last saturday we have our Finnish RC Crawling Series 2014 last comp in Keljonkangas. This was my first comp my own 2.2 pro car

Comp was really good training and I learn again more many things. Pro class is so different than shafty, but I like it!
I get couple good performances and track number (3) was my best, video:

I like to drive pro, but there is still many things to do. I dont have good lexan body, but I also think I build this bodyless next year..
Now I have futaba 4PL but maybe next year I get sanwa mt4. Motors is semigood but there isn't too much power.
Many things to do but car is still good and I have to training more and more

So next I'm going to drive Jamestown RI, I cant wait to see many familiar faces and also new crawldudes. Tomorrow we start our trip - so see you there!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Good to see you in pro class Saku
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I like the look of the body!
But the body post on top might get you trouble on some occasions...

It looks like you already have future plans so keep it coming.
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #5

Hello everyone!

Warning: I dont remember when I'm write english like this and so much. My english isn't best but I want to "speak" and share things
all you awsome guys and this is the only way do it. I hope you understand my text and yeah there is many, many, many misspelling but hope you understand still

I made my finnish compreport last week and then try to write some english report...
This report is only kind of "carreport", but finnish forum I have big "tripstory" and many pics.
I write some day the english version that "tripstory"..

So this was my second comp (ever) with my own 2.2 Pro class car. I bought 2.2 pro because it was so nice to drive when
I get to change drive my brother "Koppensneller" our finnish series comp #4 in rauma. DIG is so funny "friend" to use and
made some "gimmicks". This 2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds comp was also best place learn many things the world best drivers!

First test and awsome rocks! Traction was amazing and also problem to me "too much traction" for my skinny rovers ;D

Wednesday couple training batterys:
I drive my first three batterys wednesday. I have 3S 550mAh battery and I can drive one battery about 20min. Car was
instantly good to drive so I only drive and drive. Only little problem was huge traction - it's amazing difference versus finland..
I get "the drive feeling" and all the time more and more trust the car.

Wednesday evening some "hopup" so rearaxle motorcover and rearaxle little carbon fiber stand.

Thursday trainingday:
This was our "headtrainingday" and I drive only couple of battery 2.2 pro. Some guys make some courses so I also training with gates.
Car was still so good and fun to drive so "the feel" was confident. In the end rear uplink head was broken so I ended my 2.2 pro day
and start training 2.2 shafty because it's need some better "setups". Evening I charge batterys and fixing also pro and it was ready to race!

When my car stand in a queue I was able to look many drivers performances and learn many good lines etc...

Saturday comp:
My second comp own 2.2 Pro car! Relaxing but also waiting (good way exciting) feelings I started to "build my comp".
First course was awsome drive and I take only one gate and reverse. I was so happy and my hunger was growing.
All day was very good "drivefeel" and I learn a lot new stuff to drive better! It was amazing see many drivers perfomances
and learn the best drivers. This was one the best comps ever! It's not only comp, good performances it's WHOLE: comp,
compplace, friends, new people, atmosphere and everything else. All little things make this WHOLE and it's best thing!

Kind Of "Crawlsafar" our Finnish Team cars; Super, 2.2 Pro and 2.2 Shafty.

Monday more training:
Monday we decide drive somewhere and get also crawlers along. Short while we find good place so more training and driving with crawlers ;D
I learn how I have to drive downhills and when use dig. Comp I made mistakes couple times because I didn't really know how to do it. Now
I know it so I learn something new. Again couple training batterys and 2.2 Pro is fun to drive so I'm already waiting next comp!

Before Worlds I bought couple xr10 parts and I have also front drive shafts. Worlds lottery I get rear drive shafts, so now I have some spare parts

Lottery Manu get RCP Progress IV chassis and I bought it.

Car is now very nice to drive. Next year I have to change the body or perhaps bodyless... Otherwise I'm not change anything else yet.

Course number - sponsor - my points - my rank in course/every drivers

Course #1 Castle: -39 [27/52]

First course was fun to drive and I get immediately good feel and result. Gate 7 was hard for me and I drive too much left
and hit the gate. One gate on one reverse but all bonuses and good feel that course!

Course #2 DCW: -18 [27/52]

Second course was also fun to drive. After gate 2 my line isn't good and car fall flat sand area. There I made mistake when
I turn car wrong so it was reposition +10 points. Gate 3 and 4 clear and I get also there one bonus. Gate 5 clear but car fall
luckily I get it up. Couple of reverses and repo but finish!

Course #3 Futaba: +4 [33/52]

Course three was our team finland made by but it wasn't easy for me. Gate 1 was tricky for me and I hit the gate. Then gate 2 was slippery
and car fall again... so I decide ride the gate. Gate 3 go good and then gate 4! I jump - fall - up and my rear uplink head was broken. Still I
fighting finishline and I'm so happy (read lucky ;D). So that course was hard and there I see that fact I dont (yet) know every correct lines
different situations but I'm learning ;)

Course #4 Lattice Innovations: -16 [26/52]

Course four was exciting and one sweetest course to drive! I saw couple performances and decide not take any bonus (because my drivespeed is
yet too slow). Four reverses but no more mistakes so my feel was good. Thanks Samu and Arve how spotting me and give "golden tips"

Course #5 Krawler Konceptz: -29 [26/52]

Course five was also enjoyable. Again I decide not take any bonus. Gate 1-7 went really good but the line to gate 8 was bad and I have to
take one reserve. Then was gate 8 grazy downhill and I was so be nervous but it went fine! Gate 9 clear and then I have some "killing time"
so I take near bonus and drive to finish. Awsome feeling and one bonus, yeah!

Course #6 Notch 8: +2 [13/52]

Course six was really hard and there was many how didn't finish this course. Gate 1-2 was clear but then gate 3 and downhill.
I playing dig and 4ws but too much and car fall the. Gate 4 and 5 clear and then I fast decide drive near bonus and I get it!
Gate 6 car stomach slide and I hit upgatemark. Gate 7 clear and then I try gate 8 clear but line went too near the gate so
new line.. no, I take gate and driving fast to gate 9 clear. Then still good time left so try to finish and yeah, I made it!

Results 2.2 Pro class:

I get place 23/52 and I'm very satisfied!

In the end:
I drive about 15 batterys whole trip so it's a lot (for me). I learn MANY new tips and enjoy to drive 2.2 pro class. My hunger is only growing ;D
Thanks Samu and Arve who give many good tips and also someplaces spotting me. I want to thanks also finnish guy Kenne who sell car for me.
Car is awsome! I'm only mixing setups receiver, change body, put pink springs rear and put LaaLaa Skinny Rovers. Car is so nice to drive and
it goes fantastic! Im really enjoying drive 2.2 Pro! ;)

Also some strenght and weakness for me:
+ strength: quick decision for example "take a ride" and "not to drive bonus" -> make it finish line + little bit spontaneity "try it"
- weakness: timeworry, not yet 100% trust/feel the car, little bit hurry, drivingspeed yet too slow

Next?
This trip was my 2014 "target" and it's over now. We have still two comps our RFOT's Crawl Cup 2014 series and one specialcomp "Fence Puzzle II".
We also decide to use 5min coursetime our RFOT's Crawl Cup and next year we are driving 12 comps this series: one / month ;D
Old 10-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Great rig and congrats on your placing at the comp
cormier33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #7

Tomorrow we have our team first and special comp!

My 2.2 Pro is ready to crawl. Not much new, but I still learning this class

Stuffs ready and we have couple of new elements: course "boards" etc..

Tomorrow we drive like CRAZY!

Last edited by Hadesbear; 01-09-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
RCP CRAWLERS

Great driving in the Worlds comp....you beat alot of great drivers
thanks for running the Progress chassis.
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #9

New motors my 2.2 Pro car. Holmes Hobbies 33T 400 Pullers!
Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #10

My 2.2 Pro is ready tomorrow comp!

Finally! Tomorrow we have "RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp #2 - Lahti, Bunker (indoor comp).
That place is best indoor crawling place in finland. Awsom see many rc-friends and drive some courses!

1831g = 64.587oz
Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #11

I made some modifications my car RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp 2# - Lahti, Bunker (indoor) was awsom place crawling!
Car working even better than before and race was good, so...

Holmes Hobbies 33T 400 Pullers working very well and smoothly!

Some video coming "soon"..

Last edited by Hadesbear; 02-22-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #12

My 2.2 Pro "Charon" - RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp #2/12 - Lahti, Bunker - Course 4.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #13
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Congrats Saku...HH rocks

...first i thought "ah, beard brother Samu took the first but i wondered because he look so different. Then i recogniced it was "Mr. Skinny Rover" or Lalaa". Did he live in the bunker and just waiting(training) to the other finns or is he still back to crawling?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR 1100 Racer View Post
Did he live in the bunker and just waiting(training) to the other finns
I think you are correct.
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #15
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Congrats Saku for the win yesterday!
Nice points 50...50...50...Sounds your rig and you working perfect together!!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:22 AM   #16

It's been long time last post, but now some update!

We have our RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp #4/12 and it was tight comp.
Couple pictures and some text first..

Courses was quite easy, but you have to drive very precisely if you want to win.
Good training for me also rear dig situations and simply the feeling with car. Learning, learning...

We have "funny" waterBONUS

Holmes Hobbies motors working very smooth and power is amazing!

Traction is impressive and bonus bonus!

Finish course 2, nicely -50, no mistakes.

Different situation. First 2.2 Pro victory for me.

Results.

Final course 4:

Next more training, learning and comps!

Axial XR10 a.k.a Charon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Axial AX10 Trannys shipping *** PLUS AX10 Straight Axle Giveaway*** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 142 12-19-2007 03:57 PM
Axial Scorpion AX10 Axle Give-A-Way **Free AX10 Axles*** Rockpiledriver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 297 08-27-2007 06:15 AM