Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: New to Yeti and a few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2016, 06:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New to Yeti and a few questions

So im thinking of making the jump from a Slash 4x4 to either a yeti or XL. For me one of the more fun parts of the hobby is fixing and upgrading parts. Parts for the slash are very plentiful and usually relatively affordable. how is upgrading the yeti and XL, I kinda expect there to be a price increase coming from the slash but is there a big price difference between the two yeti models? To be honest im hesitant to go with the XL just because I don't want to buy new matching lipo's either.

any pointers from you guys?
McJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New to Yeti and a few questions

You won't find the bling for the YXL (or the 1/10 Yeti) that you have for the Slash. A lot of people race the 1/10 Yeti, so there's more aftermarket parts available. Some parts for the YXL are only available from China (bulkhead, bell crank). The shipping from China isn't too bad, typically takes 5 days for them to get to Dallas. Not all the stuff from China is worth it, so stick to what people are recommending here. You'll need some upgrades with the kit or the RTR. More if you get the RTR.

If you like to wrench, I think the YXL is a great rig. It's fun as hell to drive after a little practice. It jumps well, eats rough terrain, and actually handle pretty well for a big rig when it's tuned. You can customize the stock panels (kit or RTR) or get Barndog's awesome panels. I swap the panels all the time.

I started with 2 2s Helios batteries. Great batteries and Helios stands behind their products. Now I mostly run 2 3s SPC Racing batteries. They work well and I haven't had any issues. Stick to Helios, SMC Racing or SPC Racing for the batteries.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote

New to Yeti and a few questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti wheel questions mattehmer01 Tires and Wheels 27 11-24-2015 07:16 AM
Few questions for Axial Yeti 1/10 Dirt_Roden Axial Yeti 6 06-26-2015 08:18 PM
Yeti Kit Questions Stickx Axial Yeti 13 04-16-2015 10:14 AM
Yeti XL Questions KauseKaos Axial Yeti XL 16 01-09-2015 11:48 PM
New Yeti Owner - Questions ebbet Axial Yeti 1 01-04-2015 05:26 PM