Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations Sensored motors !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Castle Creations Sensored motors !!

This is Hemistorms announcement to the world on the behalf of Castle Creations !!

A NEW sensored line up with Castle Quality!!

Badass !! Now I'll be looking for a sensored Mamba Monster XLX !!!

https://youtu.be/pdNN-7y9QdA

Enjoy
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Castle Creations Sensored motors !!

Hmmm....
Is this my answer ?? And is it sensored??
I need a little help guys lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMKh6KqFqAW/
Old 10-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
Hmmm....
Is this my answer ?? And is it sensored??
I need a little help guys lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMKh6KqFqAW/
Just guessing from what was in Hemistorm's video being all the motors on the table that the 2028 is not sensored yet. In all honesty i don't know why they would. What that motor typically goes in it is not needed.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Dumbass checking in here. What is sensored and why would I want one. Seriously I have no idea.
pro mod steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
Dumbass checking in here. What is sensored and why would I want one. Seriously I have no idea.
You're not dumbass Steve lol from what I gather a typical brushless motor is non-sensored /sensorless design like our 2200kv .... A Sensored Motors uses the "Hall Effect" to detect the rotor (magnetic poles with different polarity) inside the motor and transmit the data to the ESC through a sensor wire. It allows the ESC to control the rotation and the speed of the motors precisely. In general, it is smoother compared to a Sensorless motor with the wire connected, and the signals are sent and received correctly. It is noticeable that Sensored motors are smoother especially in the lower end of the motors operations.

Basically Badass !!
Old 10-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Just guessing from what was in Hemistorm's video being all the motors on the table that the 2028 is not sensored yet. In all honesty i don't know why they would. What that motor typically goes in it is not needed.
Typical lol
Captain A-Typical here lol I was thrown off from the XMAXX...note I think that's bearing the new XLX.. not a sensored 2028... I wonder if the new XLX is waterproof? Or possibly sensored?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Since I only know how to bash WFO it is not needed correct?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
100% lol
I'm seriously impressed on how Smooth my sensored T8 is in my XLX!! Ive only crawled around but it's nice to be able to creep without glitching or changing out pinions constantly ! Really allows the ability to crawl of bash...
Old 10-29-2016, 10:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

For a basher, you'll never need the low end resolution a sensored set up gives. Castle is smart to offer this new line up though. In the crawler scene, brushless power is pretty popular because of the power and having a sensored set up stills allows for crawlability. It'll be interesting to compare between the Holmes Puller Pro line of sensored motors though. Castle has been "missing the boat" to Tekin, Holmes, among others. Ironically, a lot of guys run their esc's but not their motors because of the lack of being sensored.
Terrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Thanks Sneetches

Pricing and specks found here...

Surface

Technical Specs
Input Voltage Range: 2-6S LiPo
Kv: 2200
Max. RPM: 60,000
Size: Length: 75.4mm
Diameter: 40mm (41.4mm with fins)
Weight (w/wires): 429g / 0.95 lbs
Shaft Size: Length: 20mm
Diameter: 5mm
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 and M4 @ 25mm
Cooling Fan: Optional, coming soon!
Connectors: 6.5mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:8 scale buggies, truggies, on-road vehicles and 1:10 scale monster trucks up to 15lbs.
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Monster X
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: See application guidelines
Tech Notes:
Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless

Comparable Turn Count: Turn count equivalent charts coming soon!

Last edited by BarHarborBasher; 11-01-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I'm looking at the 2650, I suspect it will replace my current 2650 with smooth startup ..... I need to mash and go now, smooth start would be nice....

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #12

Yea sensored is more for racing & crawling. My onroad also has a sensored motor & esc. Basically a wire that extends from esc to motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Default Castle Creations Sensored motors !!

Quote:

No but IF you try the same Kv sensored, you will never go back.... just no jerks if blipping and slow speed is smoooooth.

Startup overall smoother you will notice on smooth pavement

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Well I'm sure to get some haters for this one... I just won a Castle Creations Sensored motor from entering the Instagram Halloween contest !! Unbias data reports logs and serious abuse reports coming soon on my YouTube channel !! Subscribe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMLFj_rjGc7/
Old 11-01-2016, 08:44 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Damn you BHB!! Lol, jk! Ok a little jealous, but definitively report back some intel. I may end up pre-ordering on their website just because. Worst case if I don't have anything to run it in, I'll stash it with my extra ESC's until I figure out another build.
Terrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #16
RCC Addict

This is some information that Castle Creations provided on their website explaining.....

WHY SENSORED?

Drivers in all applications demand clean starts when coming off the line. Crawler fans require high-precision low speed control and torque for climbing, racers need precision and predictability, and dragsters don’t have a millisecond to spare. To achieve all of these performance demands and more, we have integrated rotor position sensor technology with our improved high power and high efficiency motor design. Through the use of our sensors, the position of the rotor is always known by the ESC. This eliminates the possibility of encountering cogging or inconsistency during startup. Users will experience PRECISE throttle control and BUTTERY SMOOTH starts plus the RAW POWER and LONGER RUN TIMES that our highly efficient motors produce.

WHAT MAKES AN EXCEPTIONAL MOTOR?

When tasked with designing a sensored motor our engineers started with the question,

“What makes a motor great?”
Efficiency
You can push it harder (gear it up)
You can run it longer (with the same battery)
It stays cool under extreme loads
Reliability
Ability to withstand the harsh demands of any RC application
Long-life, high-quality components
Proven manufacturing techniques
EFFICIENCY IS KEY

The higher the efficiency of a motor the more power it can produce without overheating, which allows you to safely run higher gear ratios. The higher the efficiency of a motor, the less power it takes to produce the same output power, which allows you to run longer on a single charge. The higher the efficiency of the motor, the less energy it turns into heat; keeping it cool under extreme loads. Efficiency equals performance.

RELIABILITY CAN’T BE IGNORED

Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. RC enthusiasts love pushing their equipment to the edge. The Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it. Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible. High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with a high-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions. Our proprietary winding techniques allow us to produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction of our motor required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the highest efficiency possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability. We wouldn’t put our name on anything less.

IMPROVED 4-POLE 12-SLOT design boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT.
QUIETSENSE™ technology shields the sensors from magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps your motor and ESC in sync at all times. Use of a Flux Shield™ in conjunction with secondary Sense Magnets delivers even HIGHER PRECISION and MORE EFFICIENT startups.
Our OPTIMIZED design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments. Our sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically.
REBUILDABLE design allows users to replace front end bell/bearing assembly or rotor/shaft assembly.
ROAR standard sensor port and labeled connections.
Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs.
Immense care is taken by our US design team during every step of the development process. While using the highest quality components is important, design is equally important. Our experienced, in-house engineering team, located in Olathe, Kansas, has spent countless hours simulating and developing the most efficient design. Development includes magnetic simulations, custom winding techniques, and rigorous, real-world testing of the final product.

You will reap the benefits of longer run times on one battery and a cooler running motor that can be pushed harder.

We take OVERPOWERING seriously.

Castle engineers always add a little something extra in their designs that takes your performance to the next level. We have not skimped here. Many customers have utilized our industry leading software functionality that Castle Link* offers. When paired with a Castle Creations sensor supported ESC, like the MAMBA MICRO X, MAMBA MAX PRO or MAMBA MONSTER X, you can unlock advanced tuning capabilities that Castle Link provides specifically for sensored motors

SMARTSENSE™ uses the motors sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA- EFFICIENT sensorless mode. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at all load points. Using mechanical timing adjustments alone, you can only target one driving condition, such as higher start power or higher top end speed. This sacrifices performance and efficiency during the other driving phases. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE™ will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This allows users to combine the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless drive.

With a Castle sensored ESC and sensored motor you will have the ULTIMATE POWER PLANT for your vehicle. Users will experience PRECISE throttle control, BUTTERY SMOOTH starts, PEAK PERFORMANCE and EFFICIENCY throughout the full throttle range. You will feel the POWER and LONGER RUN TIMES that a WORLD-CLASS motor produces.

It’s not magic… it’s SMARTSENSE™.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:59 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

With a Castle sensored ESC and sensored motor

So a NEW esc is required for the new motors?
Old 11-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Yes, a mamba monster X is needed. For you, not worth it. Your not crawling, just pure bashing. No need to switch.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:36 PM   #19
RCC Addict

And I don't think it's as water resistant as the un-sensored setup. I'm impressed with my T8 in my XLX... soooo smooth.. I think it's great to have a vehicle for more than one use... when my xl was due for maintenance I'd crawl around for a couple of weeks then set back up for bashing... I also like if I turn the power down and hand it off to my kids they can still drive it with control ...But as yota said. It's not for everybody. It's just a new option for people that are building new rigs or guys that already own a MMX.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

For what it's worth I have a MM2 with 2200 on 4S in my daughters YXL (7 year old). Punch and throttle are turned WAY DOWN and I have never seen her truck cog and she is pretty light on the throttle but maybe not light enough to make it cog. Just a brain fart here.

Castle Creations Sensored motors !! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle Creations SV2 or Sidewinder SCT with two motors? Big Pitt Electronics 24 06-20-2011 04:49 AM