Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Hail Mary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Default Hail Mary

Oh hi XL fans
So I am in school for machining and mold-making in Nebraska. I have to come up with a mold project this quarter(and quickly). I can't really come up with much because my size limitations are quite small. My best thought so far was to mold some c-hubs for your guys' big-beloved rear axle. I know that these can be ordered on shapeways, Helios i think. However, shapeways is 3d printing, I am doing injection molding. My options here at the school are polypropylene or polystyrene.
Here comes the throw....
I am broke as a joke for the next 3 weeks and can't even afford the 12.99 for a housing to work off of. My design is due in 4 weeks.
AAAAaaaaand HAIL MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does any of these wonderful, generous, devilishly-handsome XL guys have a broken rear housing that has the splined ends intact? And if so would be willing to ship it to me in Neb.
I promise to return the favor with a set of these suckers when i get them done.(around st. patties)
Again, this is a shot in the dark, but i thought it was worth a try.

Otherwise I'm relegated to making a keychain mounted mustache comb....

Thanks for looking, and if anything i guess, wish me luck.
loneranger6886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
McD
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Hail Mary

Sorry bud I just tore apart all my spare parts and I must have tossed it. Another idea would be battery door extenders. It's not very stylish or as complex as C-hubs but an extended door might be cool for some guys. If you could do the whole door that would be cool. But might be too big, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger6886 View Post
Oh hi XL fans
So I am in school for machining and mold-making in Nebraska. I have to come up with a mold project this quarter(and quickly). I can't really come up with much because my size limitations are quite small. My best thought so far was to mold some c-hubs for your guys' big-beloved rear axle. I know that these can be ordered on shapeways, Helios i think. However, shapeways is 3d printing, I am doing injection molding. My options here at the school are polypropylene or polystyrene.
Here comes the throw....
I am broke as a joke for the next 3 weeks and can't even afford the 12.99 for a housing to work off of. My design is due in 4 weeks.
AAAAaaaaand HAIL MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does any of these wonderful, generous, devilishly-handsome XL guys have a broken rear housing that has the splined ends intact? And if so would be willing to ship it to me in Neb.
I promise to return the favor with a set of these suckers when i get them done.(around st. patties)
Again, this is a shot in the dark, but i thought it was worth a try.

Otherwise I'm relegated to making a keychain mounted mustache comb....

Thanks for looking, and if anything i guess, wish me luck.

I have a rear axle that I'll ship to ya
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:33 AM   #4

I really didn't expect any response, RCC FTW!!! This community never ceases to amaze me.

McD-I love the idea of the battery post extensions. Simple(maybe). I am trying to get into a night class here as well, supposedly it is instructor approved open lab time. I am getting hooked on molds and that is a great and practical idea. Unfortunately, I just can't get the idea of a crawler with 3.8's outta my head.

BarHarborBasher-I am honored by your presence. I have been watching your stuff with a fierce jealousy of your attention to detail. The polish you do makes me feel lazy. Thank you so much, I can PM you details if that works. This is going to be a challenge, but I feel like, knowing I'm sending you the first pair for testing is going to help me stay motivated. I can't wait to get going.

99% of the people going thru this program mold things like: dog tags, coasters, giant paper clips.... boring pointlessness. There have been some really impressive molds to come out of here tho. One kid made .38 casings and bullets. He had to hand drill for the primer due to the limits of our machines, but it worked. I couldn't believe it. This is the point in the program where employers start watching us and I really want to step up with something better than a shot glass.

I am sticking around after I graduate to do the design program as well. I will continue to have access to the equipment. If I can make this work then portals are next.

Thanks again guys for proving to me again why I love RCC.
And if anybody else has some fun ideas, the other kids in class are still scratching their heads on what to do. Best I've heard so far is a pair of dice... *sigh

Last edited by loneranger6886; 01-11-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Poor Grammar, It's late.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger6886 View Post
I really didn't expect any response, RCC FTW!!! This community never ceases to amaze me.

McD-I love the idea of the battery post extensions. Simple(maybe). I am trying to get into a night class here as well, supposedly it is instructor approved open lab time. I am getting hooked on molds and that is a great and practical idea. Unfortunately, I just can't get the idea of a crawler with 3.8's outta my head.

BarHarborBasher-I am honored by your presence. I have been watching your stuff with a fierce jealousy of your attention to detail. The polish you do makes me feel lazy. Thank you so much, I can PM you details if that works. This is going to be a challenge, but I feel like, knowing I'm sending you the first pair for testing is going to help me stay motivated. I can't wait to get going.

99% of the people going thru this program mold things like: dog tags, coasters, giant paper clips.... boring pointlessness. There have been some really impressive molds to come out of here tho. One kid made .38 casings and bullets. He had to hand drill for the primer due to the limits of our machines, but it worked. I couldn't believe it. This is the point in the program where employers start watching us and I really want to step up with something better than a shot glass.

I am sticking around after I graduate to do the design program as well. I will continue to have access to the equipment. If I can make this work then portals are next.

Thanks again guys for proving to me again why I love RCC.
And if anybody else has some fun ideas, the other kids in class are still scratching their heads on what to do. Best I've heard so far is a pair of dice... *sigh

I the one jelous lol Awesome experience bud ! Oho no reason to be honored lol thanks tho
I'll send a c hub and carrier and a axal adapter as well...
I'm dying to get my hands on 1/8 scale garage tools/accessories your in a great feild
I've modified axle shafts and know what CVD end to use so you can get the right placement for the chub tabs.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #6

I'm excited to get this going for sure. I passed the word to a couple of classmates about some 8th scale acc. I'm really curious to hear what they say in the morning.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #7

I also have access to the lathes in the shop and I have been dying to see what Titanium is like. I've been doing a lot of research on Ti lately. I may have to draw up some axle shafts too and see what comes outta that. I do enjoy Solidworks.

Hail Mary - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Shelley's MRC MRCrackhead Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 205 04-14-2015 05:42 PM
All Hail Megatron!! Kingclod27 Tamiya Clod Buster 11 12-12-2013 06:57 PM
Mary Christmas!!! EL VASCO Chit Chat 8 12-24-2010 02:38 PM
hail.... hail..... JohnRobHolmes Tools, and Procedures 1 04-26-2005 12:09 AM