Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: My 1rst Yeti XL Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: My 1rst Yeti XL Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
If you want a 10th scale crawler/basher, bomber for sure. You can build it with solid axles or with front IFS or now you can build one with IS front and rear. Another option is the losi rock rey but thats RTR and there isn't a lot of options out yet but there will be soon. Or 5th scale, losi new DBXL-E just came out.
Or ...You could do it with a XL...much more rewarding..I'd help out anyone interested.
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #262
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
How are those piggyback shocks working for you?

Thanks for asking! They are still in the package but will get installed now that I have some free time to commit to the XL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fookison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #263
Pebble Pounder

So I purchase the Tamiya Hi-Lift Tundra kit a few months ago. It's still sealed and shrink wrapped. I don't think I want to do this kit. Just a crap shoot but is anyone interested in purchasing this kit from me for a bit lower that you could buy it for online? I really want to do another Axial kit and selling it would help fund a new Axial kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tphjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:29 PM   #264
Pebble Pounder

Default My 1rst Yeti XL Build

I've got a big bag of stock Yeti XL Parts that I didn't use because of the upgrades that I put in it. Is anyone interested in them, no charge? I think I even have a HR steering knuckle that was extra that I can throw in. I won't be able to ship it all very soon because of some time off next week. It's taking up space I don't have! It also has the driver cockpit and heads.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:07 AM   #265
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphjill View Post
I've got a big bag of stock Yeti XL Parts that I didn't use because of the upgrades that I put in it. Is anyone interested in them, no charge?

Do you have the stock transmission left, and in particular the part that holds the middle gear? It is a small part attached to the ax31000 branch. Mine is cracked. You would be a life saver.

SvdV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #266
Quarry Creeper

I'm interested in the steering knuckles, cockpit and heads.
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM   #267
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvdV View Post
Do you have the stock transmission left, and in particular the part that holds the middle gear? It is a small part attached to the ax31000 branch. Mine is cracked. You would be a life saver.

I do have a complete stock Transmission and you are welcome to it! Is that all you want out of all the stock parts? I won't be able to ship towards the end of the week however. :(

Old 04-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #268
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
I'm interested in the steering knuckles, cockpit and heads.

You got it! As I just posted earlier, I won't be able to ship until towards the end of the week.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #269
Pebble Pounder

You wouldn't happen to have the little clips that come with the passenger side roll cage, would you? The ones that attach the body to the chassis? I'm using zip ties but those clips are better and you have to buy the whole passenger side to get 'em.

Edit: While we are giving stuff away, I'm using the Barndog aluminum panels, and I have the entire untouched set of lexan body panels if anyone wants them.

Last edited by Pete9; 04-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Pete9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:09 AM   #270
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
You wouldn't happen to have the little clips that come with the passenger side roll cage, would you? The ones that attach the body to the chassis? I'm using zip ties but those clips are better and you have to buy the whole passenger side to get 'em.

Edit: While we are giving stuff away, I'm using the Barndog aluminum panels, and I have the entire untouched set of lexan body panels if anyone wants them.
I'd definitely be interested in the panels I've got the clips that you need !
Old 04-03-2017, 02:02 AM   #271
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I do have a complete stock Transmission and you are welcome to it! Is that all you want out of all the stock parts? I won't be able to ship towards the end of the week however. :(

Fantastic, super generous of you! Absolutely no problem if you ship it somewhere this or next week. Thanks bud!
SvdV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #272
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
I'd definitely be interested in the panels I've got the clips that you need !
Oh great! I'll send you the panels - pm me your address. I'll do the same.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #273
Pebble Pounder

Hey BHB. Haven't heard from you. If you don't want the panels let me know so I can give them to someone else, ok? Thanks man
Old 04-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #274
Pebble Pounder

Awesome to see guys trading and being generous.

I am impressed!
Adidas4275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #275
Pebble Pounder

Can you guys send me your addresses and let me know the parts you want? I can ship tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #276
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can you guys send me your addresses and let me know the parts you want? I can ship tomorrow. Thanks!

Any that go unclaimed and unwanted after a week I'd be happy to use them
Old 04-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #277
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
Hey BHB. Haven't heard from you. If you don't want the panels let me know so I can give them to someone else, ok? Thanks man
Got the panels ! Thanks I've got your address and I'll get the clips out to ya! Do you need any other plastic parts ?
Old 04-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #278
Pebble Pounder

Thanks! No, I think I'm good. Hey when you paint up those panels post some pics ok?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #279
Pebble Pounder

Friends,

First I have to apologize to all those that I promised I would send them my spare parts. Unfortunately I suffered a major heart attack and cardiac arrest so I've been out of commission for some time. I'm very lucky to be alive. I cannot promise when I can get around to shipping the items. If you have been waiting patiently for them, I'm deeply sorry.

Secondly, I have a question. Before I had my heart attack I was driving my Yeti XL and noticed a steering issue. If I steer one way it steers nice and strong and the correct amount of distance. If I steer the other way it doesn't steer as far. As an example, if I was doing a tight circle, one way it would do a nice tight circle but the other way it would be a really wide circle because it wouldn't steer as tight. If you pick the vehicle up, it steers equally well both ways. I wish I could tell you right now if it was left or right that was wonky, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas? I would think the steering servo would need to be re centered, but again, if you lift the vehicle up off the ground it steers fine. It's only when its on the ground and the weight of the vehicle/tires that it doesn't steer far enough.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #280
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Friends,

First I have to apologize to all those that I promised I would send them my spare parts. Unfortunately I suffered a major heart attack and cardiac arrest so I've been out of commission for some time. I'm very lucky to be alive. I cannot promise when I can get around to shipping the items. If you have been waiting patiently for them, I'm deeply sorry.

Secondly, I have a question. Before I had my heart attack I was driving my Yeti XL and noticed a steering issue. If I steer one way it steers nice and strong and the correct amount of distance. If I steer the other way it doesn't steer as far. As an example, if I was doing a tight circle, one way it would do a nice tight circle but the other way it would be a really wide circle because it wouldn't steer as tight. If you pick the vehicle up, it steers equally well both ways. I wish I could tell you right now if it was left or right that was wonky, but I can't remember. Anyone have any ideas? I would think the steering servo would need to be re centered, but again, if you lift the vehicle up off the ground it steers fine. It's only when its on the ground and the weight of the vehicle/tires that it doesn't steer far enough.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

Thats great your still with us! Hope you get back to where you were soon.

Your steering problem sounds just like what happened to me. Adding all the upgrades up in the front end made your rig heavy and thus your servo saver spring is absorbing the steering to the left I believe. Pick the tires off the ground and it steers great.
mtr1514 is offline   Reply With Quote

My 1rst Yeti XL Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life of one YETI - Tom Frajer's Axial Yeti build log TomFrajer Axial Yeti 320 05-22-2017 09:01 PM
Pics from warcrc 1rst crawl DUDE Washington 10 03-01-2006 10:31 PM
1rst annual Halloween Fun Crawl DUDE Washington 16 04-04-2005 01:14 AM
New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, May 1rst or 2nd Crawling kevinlongisland General Crawlers 32 05-03-2004 06:02 PM