Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti gearing question and Currie bearing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Yeti gearing question and Currie bearing?

I just received my new Vanquish Currie center rear axle in the mail. I already have brand new stock ratio axial hardened gears to go in it. I also have a Hot Racing spool.
I have to pull the front apart to flip the ring gear over so I was thinking of buying the hardened gears for the front.
The question I have is should I just buy stock ratio for the front also? Or should I buy overdrive?
I mostly drive it on a 1/10 scale off road track. I will be running the Tekin RX8 and Pro4 HD 4300 on 2s.

And my second question is should I do some sort of bearing mod to the pinion bearing on the brand new currie axle?
I have seen a bronze bushing from Locked up RC and also someone using a Avid thrust bearing?

All help would be appreciated. I am ready to order the remainder of the parts but just don't want to order the wrong stuff.
Thanks
ratrod63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Yeti gearing question and Currie bearing?

Avid thrust bearing and if your running track mostly your better off to go with matching gear sets front and rear. The HD gear set in the front is a good idea while your there but if speed is your thing a matching set will keep your drivetrain from being in a bind.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Yeti gearing question and Currie bearing?

Agree with the above post.

The thrust bearing is just a longevity upgrade, I did it to my centered GCM axle. The fact is most pinion bearing failures are from the stress of OCP axles. Way less likely to happen on a centered driveline. That being said if you got the coin, drop it on some thrust bearings and have piece of mind for quite awhile.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti gearing question and Currie bearing? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti XL Bearing kit FastEddy Bearings FastEddy Axial Yeti XL 15 10-15-2015 04:09 PM
gearing for scx10 with yeti motor cammok5 Axial SCX-10 5 11-07-2014 07:36 PM
Transmission Only Bearing rebuild kits for Axial Yeti FastEddy Bearings FastEddy Axial Yeti 0 10-30-2014 08:57 AM