Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 05:00 AM   #1

Default Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca

Picked up my Yeti on Monday got all my parts I had gathered over the past couple months. Threw on a VP Currie Wraith rear axle housing and a set of 460/710 DH aluminum hubs I don't like the SLW hubs they bind on the hex . the wraith rear axle made me have to flip my ring gear in the front and reprogram the motor rotation with the castle link setup. I spun the rear wheels after installation to check front rotation and the they spun backwards. I put on a pair of gpm front lower control arms, strc castor block set ,and VP's front link set, steering post set, and knuckles. I installed the exo universal cv axles as I didn't know they were releasing the new universals set. I did get a Stainless screw kit and pulled the thing about completely apart replacing most screws and added lube to everything that needed it. Today I picked up my overdrive gear sets for front and rear. I installed a gpm aluminum front bulkhead. I effectively made the yeti to fast for my own short cul de sac. my daughter was out watching me tear up the neighbors yards. I told her I couldn't give it full throttle she asked me to try it. about 6 seconds later it met a curb ripping the right front control arm out of the front plastic piece and punched the screw through the pan and filled the screws hex with concrete. I found a really long 4-40 stainless shoulder bolt my pops had in his model room. I cut it to length and threaded the end and added the aluminum front toe block I had luckily ordered and found the optional front piece from the parts bag. Still haven't ran a full 3s pack through it. it does seem to boogie with a 19t pinion and the 36/14 hd overdrive gear sets in. I'll post some pics this afternoon after I wake up again. Time to go back to bed.

Last edited by JJRice; 09-10-2014 at 05:08 AM.
JJRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

Default Re: Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca

long nap eh... took a trip up to oregon checked out the south costal portion of Oregon. steers great with quad steering.

had a little trouble keeping the stock steering rack in one piece.
JJRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca

Rear steer looks cool on it. Great for Crawlin.
Looks like your having Plenty of Fun with it..
If it don't break, your not having fun with it..
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fast, vanquish products, yeti

Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lancaster/Palmdale Crawlers Aaronb California 14 10-14-2011 11:33 PM
logan hubble lancaster ky crawlerax Kentucky 6 05-23-2011 06:05 PM
crawlers near lancaster brokendiff Pennsylvania 23 03-03-2011 04:10 PM
Manheim and Lancaster Crawlers... CAPTAIN INSANE-O Pennsylvania 7 05-01-2010 12:11 PM
Lancaster / Strasburg hobby shops? 80mac Pennsylvania 1 06-17-2009 09:07 AM