Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti Parts Enquiry Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
BCK

Default Yeti Parts Enquiry Help

Hi guys,

First of all let me apologise for having to ask the below questions, but searching isn't doing a lot for me as the yeti is more related to a crawler than conventional buggy, therefore I have zero knowledge or understanding of what parts are available to upgrade, and what CAN be upgraded.

At the moment all I've figured out is vanquish do a few products that are required for Yeti reliability, but I'm still lost with some things!

Parts I have seen I may need:

Hubs (but what size I do not know!)
Wheels - what are best for racing/bashing, not crawling?
Tyres - as above, what's best for racing/bashing, not crawling?
Steering posts - vanquish
Steering rack- vanquish
Lower rear arms - where are these delrin units coming from?
Front links - are adjustable ones really going to have much effect for the better with adjustment ? Or for reliability, are alloy fixed links preferred?
Rear axel/diff - where can I find a centred pumpkin all-alloy diff, housing, and axle tubs etc? Are lockouts required? What do they do.

Again, I'm sorry for the novel of questions, but the whole crawler side of RC is entirely new to me and the above are really proving to be difficult to find definitive answers on.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited by BCK; 09-17-2014 at 07:42 AM.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
BCK

Default Re: Yeti Parts Enquiry Help

Wow. 150+ views and nobody has any input...
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCK View Post
Hi guys,

First of all let me apologise for having to ask the below questions, but searching isn't doing a lot for me as the yeti is more related to a crawler than conventional buggy, therefore I have zero knowledge or understanding of what parts are available to upgrade, and what CAN be upgraded.

At the moment all I've figured out is vanquish do a few products that are required for Yeti reliability, but I'm still lost with some things!

Parts I have seen I may need:

Hubs (but what size I do not know!)
Wheels - what are best for racing/bashing, not crawling?
Tyres - as above, what's best for racing/bashing, not crawling?
Steering posts - vanquish
Steering rack- vanquish
Lower rear arms - where are these delrin units coming from?
Front links - are adjustable ones really going to have much effect for the better with adjustment ? Or for reliability, are alloy fixed links preferred?
Rear axel/diff - where can I find a centred pumpkin all-alloy diff, housing, and axle tubs etc? Are lockouts required? What do they do.

Again, I'm sorry for the novel of questions, but the whole crawler side of RC is entirely new to me and the above are really proving to be difficult to find definitive answers on.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Hubs for stock wheels are 225 and 725. Im hearing you will need 350s with certain wheels and some aluminum knuckles.

Wheels for racing/bashing. I would suggest the Crawler Innovations 6 Bolts. They are glue on wheels and SLW compatible. You want less rotating mass when racing/bashing. Less overall stress on the drivetrain. You should be OK running 225 front hubs with these wheels.(and can go to a 600 hub in the rear if you want to narrow it up a bit. Of course if you want a true beadlock most any 2.2 beadlock works, Ideally an SLW compatible one.

Tires. Really depends on surface conditions/driving style. The new Voodoo U4s in Silver compound are the hot setup with Yetis, but 2.2 Pit Bulls and Pro Line TSLS are good too. I grooved my stock tires and they hooked up alot better.

Trailing arms. Hulksta Engineering is coming out with the Delrin versions I believe. Blue Monkey and VP will both have aluminum ones.

Front links. Fixed or adjustable is personal preference. If you really like to tune camber, caster, toe for handling, go adjustable. I would suggest adjustable.

Axle housing. RC4WD has a centered diff alloy housing kit. Cant comment on it as Ive never used it.
Aluminum Rear Centered Axle Housing for Axial Wraith (Black)

Hope that helps a bit.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
BCK

Champion. Thanks for that, mate.

I've searched about, and it seems the SCX10 centred rear axle is a straight swap, and VP make them in alloy.

For tyres I've found Pit Bull Rock Beast II may be a good fit, but I'm not so sure on the oversized tyre diameter, and how that would effect handling performance for track and bashing, especially when the Yeti runs out of suspension travel in the front with the stock diameter tyres.

For foams. I think the Crawler Innovation closed foams will be the go for good all-round performance, but it's daylight robbery when everyone they stocks them is charging $50-$70 freight to Australia!

Last edited by BCK; 09-19-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Yeti Parts Enquiry Help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc Harley Axial Yeti 190 07-09-2019 05:35 PM
Yeti Parts Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 56 07-02-2019 06:11 AM
Yeti parts shared photon_trap Axial Yeti 7 07-09-2014 08:58 PM