Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti RTR - an Oldtimer's POV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #1

Default Yeti RTR - an Oldtimer's POV

This is just my nickels worth on the Yeti. I thought I would share because I'm really impressed with it.
Although I am impressed I did find a need for one major adjustment IMO everyone should do first. Back that clutch off... out of the box I noticed the clutch was full on with no slip like any other RTR I tried. This is in my opinion, the biggest drive train killer. When I removed the clutch spring and compressed it with pliers one could tell it was not done during assembly as it returned shorter than it was. I adjusted the clutch until it started slipping just right and then gave it a whirl. I'm surprised at the stock speed with a 3S lipo. I thought for sure it was going to be an uncontrollable freak like the e-revo but it was not. The stock speed fits this rig well. I did not get into the ESC yet but it feels like they have the punch control set up to a manageable take off instead of a drive train killing full tilt rip.
When buying an RTR I always buy a real good servo to fit but soon found I didn't need it. This stock servo works great, I'll leave it in.
This is a very impressive rock racer in my opinion.
The suspension was great. It took to the rocks at speed without changing direction very much. It is very steady.
Running this rock racer smart is key like any other RC and it is a blast. I never thought I would get into it but the Yeti changed my mind.
gmackhurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Yeti RTR - an Oldtimer's POV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti Spec RTR?? SteveC6R Axial Yeti XL 1 11-24-2014 05:42 AM
anybody know what motor the YETI rtr is ? mike_like Newbie General 4 10-26-2014 11:55 PM