Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Transmission cober

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Transmission cober

This may be the wrong area to ask this, but This is specific to my yeti. I notice when you folks start changing gears and what not you show pictures with out the transmission cover. Is this to show the gears and changes you made? Or do you leave the cover off and not use it anymore?
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Transmission cober

I don't use my cover anymore because I run most of my rigs with 32p gears and don't feel there is a need for the cover. I do still use covers for anything with 48p gears though because small rocks really seem to find their way in them easier. it is all preference and if you want to protect your stuff then leave the cover on.
gillbily23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Remember the other thing the spur cover does beside trying to keep dirt out is it keeps your wiring out as well if it's anywhere around the trans.
Pic below is my U4RC rig & I'm only running part of the cover to keep the battery wire, which will be right in front of the trans, out of the spur.
Whatever your battery but especially if your using a LIPO, shorting it out because the spur chewed through the cables is fairly sure way to having a fire.

altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I've been running a lot in heavy mud and snow - and I have to say that the cover does a remarkable job of keep the crap out. The rest of the truck has been trashed with muck at the end of a few packs. If it's not in the way - might be worth keeping it on if you plan on running in a complete mess
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #6

I have never run gear covers on any of my trucks, from short course to crawlers. For some reason they always seemed to keep small rocks in and I had better luck with no cover. Even in the sand dunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sixty2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transmission cober - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carbon Fiber Transmission Covers for VP XR10 Transmission Housing. Tomy Axles, Trannys, T-case 4 01-20-2013 07:48 AM
Axizl Transmission VS Wheely King Transmission Tonelock HPI Wheely King 13 09-03-2008 12:39 PM