Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Pitbull 2.2 Growlers in alien compound

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Pitbull 2.2 Growlers in alien compound

Just a little teaser, I'll post up more once I get everything done. Gearhead bar is on, new front springs, tires and wheels should be finished up by tonight. If anyone hasn't seen them yet the new pitbulls just came in stock at RPP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoCal Crawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2015, 01:24 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Pitbull 2.2 Growlers in alien compound

The tires are super grippy. A note to anyone running glued wheels, I used the baking method on mine without realizing that the deuces wild foams will melt in the oven. Mine totally deformed and had to be thrown away. So until I can get some more deuces wild, I'm running stock axial foams.

The SSD wheels are good quality, not the best. Some of the scale screws are not screwed in completely straight, leaving some screws not sitting flush. The front ring also does not lay flat on two of them. Otherwise an excellent value and once you get an SLW hub on there, they may as well be a vanquish wheel. Awesome looking wheels.

I'll keep you guys updated once I get some running on them.

The gear head 6 shooter light bar and mount is sick! Super bright, easy and perfect install and super bright on only 6v.

Also locked the front diff, and switched to under drive in both the front and rear..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Tires look amazing very nice yeti you've got so far!
db450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Any updates on this rig? Want to hear more about those tires too!
db450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So far the tires are performing as good as you'd expect a pitbull to perform. After toasting my duces wild foams I just got another pair in the mail and installed them. Stock foams were just unacceptable so looking to take it out tomorrow and give it a good shakedown!

The locked front diff is a huge bonus, wishing I had done it sooner. I was running the 500k oil in the diff and although it definitely helped, just not a substitute.

My ocd is getting the best of me with these beadlocks though. They get the job done but a few of the hex screws seem to be rounded off from the factory, like I said some of holes aren't drilled in straight so the screws don't all sit flush against the ring. Just minor imperfections that I guess can be expected when you're getting wheels for that cheap. They do however hold an excellent bead and I plan to get them pretty scuffed up

I feel like a lot of people underestimate the r35 axial tires. My trepadors hooked well. I will give the growlers a slight advantage on rocks, but in the loose terrain I feel like the treps may have hooked better.. They certainly threw more dirt!

Keep in mind, running on 3s with a pro4 the truck has a good amount of wheel speed and therefore traction is rarely the limiting factor at least from what I'm seeing

Last edited by SoCal Crawlr; 05-16-2015 at 11:53 PM.