Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: No motor response help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

Default No motor response help!

So I am by no means an expert on trouble shooting RC's since I don't have a lot of time invested in them at this point. I recently snagged my self a RTR yeti and it's been a blast so far! Today I packed the kids up and made a trip out to the local lake where I knew there would be some good spots to run this beast. Once there and settled I put the battery in, buttoned everything up, turned on the remote and then the car. I got the initial start up sound with a twitch of the wheels and then nothing. Steering works just fine but I'm assuming the second sound the truck makes is letting you know that throttle is good to go.

After looking around I have no idea what the issue could be. Battery is fully charged and I don't smell anything that could be burned out but the truck doesn't respond to the pulling of the trigger. Any ideas? Or ways to test to see what might have gone out? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
sl0wkarate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: No motor response help!

well first thing i would do is test all the electronics on another motor and if your motor runs than u need a new motor if not than it could be your rx or possibly your esc there could even something wrong with your controller electronics seem to find a way to just stop working sometimes even when if you ran it yesterday but its gonna take some troubleshooting to solve this
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Make sure everything is plugged in. Motor to ESC, battery to ESC, etc. then, it might be a matter of resetting the radio to the ESC. Castle has an easy way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMTB01 View Post
Make sure everything is plugged in. Motor to ESC, battery to ESC, etc. then, it might be a matter of resetting the radio to the ESC. Castle has an easy way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feed back guys! I went through basically just unplugged and replugged everything and it seems to have solved the issue! I ran two batteries through it no issues so somewhere along the line something worked it's way loose. Greatly appreciate the responses!
sl0wkarate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Seen this a few times with different guys rigs down here, always love the advice that immediately jumps to a dead esc or motor or radio & to get another one.
Generally its on a basic/rtr radio with knobs for the throttle trim on the transmitter, it has been bumped in transit from the last time it was run & when you power it up the esc can't see the neutral signal it was calibrated with.
A quick re-trim on the transmitter & it's good to go, no trying different motors or esc or unplugging stuff, not a single $ spent.
Fault finding 101, try the simple things first.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #6

Hate to resurrect a dead post but this just happened to me as well. My yeti is about a month old and I have run about 5 charges through it. The battery seems to last forever and I have never run it completely out of juice. I took it out this weekend and it was running fine for about 20 minutes when this exact problem just happened. Its a relatively clean area so the truck did not come in contact with mud or water and was being driven rather lightly and not even full throttle.

The steering works consistently but no throttle or reverse. I messed with all settings on the controller and know they are set properly. when I disconnected/reconnected the battery occasionally I could get it to run while holding it in the air. Once on the ground it ran about 10 feet and became unresponsive again. Its really odd.

Got home that night and cleaned everything as well as disconnect/reconnect everything including RX connections. It seems to run now but I never really found any obvious issues.

Is there a possible issue with the electronics in this truck?

**UPDATE*** You all are correct... the settings on the remote as well as possible lose connections on the RX may have been the cause. Thanks for your help it is working fine now.

Last edited by TiminAZ1; 03-16-2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: update
TiminAZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

No motor response help! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Punk RC No Response scbroder Chit Chat 23 10-04-2012 04:25 PM
no response at all.. phre0n Electronics 3 06-28-2011 09:20 AM
No throttle response..... Gut-Pile Electronics 4 03-20-2011 04:51 PM
no response from reciever ZJman Electronics 4 05-23-2008 08:46 PM